We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

Level Contributor
21 posts
Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

I wanted to know that if there are any companies here that rent there cars without a credit card . i checked Avis and all of that kind of companies and they all need a credit card to rent a car in Turkey .

21 replies to this topic
Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,180 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

Try Sixt, I think they do this, though I don't know the terms and conditions.

Level Contributor
21 posts
2. Re: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

They require a credit card for renting there cars .

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,670 posts
145 reviews
3. Re: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

Sorry to say this,but which company in their right mind would take a cash payment and give the customer the car? These companies need a credit card payment in case damage is done to the card and also if the card suddenly disappears. Ask yourself a question, would you give a complete stranger from another country your car with just a few hundred lira given to you in cash???

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,810 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

Also any traffic violations are charged to the company and they can then recoup them from the driver at the time. This is why many companies are now insisting the credit card name is the same as the named driver.

Level Contributor
21 posts
5. Re: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

There are lots of companies in smaller countries that would give out there cars without a credit card .international brands such as Avis and Hertz don't do this often but most local rental companies would gladly do this.in Istanbul its really hard to find those companies because they can't speak English and they don't have a websites on there own except maybe one .but to answer your question yes there are lots of companies that would rent there cars without a credit card and that's very common theses days.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,810 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

They are getting less and some such companies may not be fully insured etc.

Level Contributor
21 posts
7. Re: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

They are getting more actually because lots of people are getting into this business everyday and credit card doesn't have anything to do with insurance or you stealing there cars at the end of the day they have to refund your deposit they just do it because it's the companies terms and conditions but local companies make there terms simple so that people would go to them instead.the things that can affect insurance is drivers age and experience and you driving safely .credit card has nothing to do with insurance

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,810 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

I didn't say it did. More that the companies that do not take credit cards are very likely to skimp on car maintenance, insurance cover etc. I have direct experience of this.

Also you come on here asking for advice then refute what you're told.

Edited: 16 September 2018, 12:00
Level Contributor
21 posts
9. Re: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

I would love to get advice but people have no idea what they are on about so just trying to correct them .

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,810 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card

You rudeness is amazing and I think you'll find we do know. Forget asking for any more help from us who don't know what we're talking about.

Reply to: Renting a car in Istanbul without a credit card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted