We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insight Tours Turkey

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Prescott Valley...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Insight Tours Turkey

We are thinking of taking the Insight Tours, Wonders of Turkey.

Has anyone taken this torur? Were you satisfied?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,103 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insight Tours Turkey

Hi reginanne, I am sorry that your post did not receive a timely response. I have never taken a group tour with Insight Travel, or any other travel company in Turkey for that matter.

I have, however, used Insight for other purposes over the past four years. The owner, Rina, has lived in Turkey for decades, but she was reared in Seattle. I cannot imagine that she would not be together something that would be exciting, memorable and well done. I have never read a complaint about her services, and I think she is honest and ethical. She wants every person who comes to her agency to have a great experience in Turkey. I am confident you would be in good hands with Rina.

Level Contributor
7,683 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insight Tours Turkey

I am not certain but I believe the OP is asking about Insight Vacations which has a major presence in the US and is recommended by many agents here. It is a good company and in my years as an agent had many satisfied customers...I think it is a good choice and the tour referenced is a great highlights tour. The company that Rina owns is based in Turkey and I don't think they are related. She does individual itineraries from what I know of her company. Insight Vacations is more group travel arrangements.

Prescott Valley...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Insight Tours Turkey

Thanks so much for your help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Insight Tours Turkey

I think Gene is right - it is a tour offered by Insight Vacations, not your friend Rina BR.

www.insightvacations.com/uk/index.php…

Gold Canyon, Arizona
Level Contributor
178 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Insight Tours Turkey

Hi Reginanne: Am a travel agent from Arizona (USA) who traveled with a group on the Insight Vacations "Treasures of Turkey" just last year. Absolutely great vacation, very comfortable coaches, and top quality hotels at a very affordable price (although I notice that the rates have increased recently). If you enter "INSIGHT VACATIONS" in the search area of the Istanbul Forum you will come up with my review of the trip (my I.D. is "constant-cruiser"). Should you require any more detailed information, you just let me know by email. I would highly recommend the company.

By the way, if that particular tour goes to Cappadocia, and if you would like to take the hot air balloon ride, be sure to book it before you leave for Turkey. Insight will not book it for you (they claim that it is a liability issue).

Enjoy your trip!

Rick

Gold Canyon, Arizona USA

Cappadocia
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Insight Tours Turkey

Insight tours and vacations are different companies, one should check the tour named Wonders of Turkey to make sure which is shich. One is a big compnay in Us and other is US owned small boutiqe travel agency :-)

Have fun and enjoy Turkey eitherway....

auckland
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Insight Tours Turkey

Very satisfied. We had an excellent tour guide and a happy group. This is a reputable company and I would be happy to travel with them again' Gonul Gonu was a first rate guide

8. Re: Insight Tours Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 November 2011, 08:35
Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
14 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Insight Tours Turkey

Hi there

thanks for tip re Insight vacations and hot air ballooning at Cappadocia. Please are you able to recommend a reputable company for hot airballooning.

thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
36,001 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Insight Tours Turkey

jmphoto, For hot air ballooning, you can use Butterfly Balloons (Kelebek Balloons), arranged by Heritage Travel at Goreme. Just last month I had a wonderful balloon trip with this company at Goreme. Our pilot was Mike Green. Have a look: "tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297983-d1…".

good luck,

enigma...