We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Weather in Turkey

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
October Weather in Turkey

I will be in Turkey from October 7-22 travelling to:

Istanbul--overnight train to Ankara..Cappadocia, Mustafapasa, Guzelyurt, Konya, Antalya, Pamukkale, Kusadasi and finally visiting Ephesus. What can I expect in terms of weather? Any suggestions for packing short sleeves or long? short or long pants? jacket or coat?

Thanks

Kellie

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October Weather in Turkey

Hi Kellie,

You will need a bit of everything I guess. October is autumn and in Istanbul it can be still sunny, but there is no guarantee at all, it might rain a bit, it might rain a lot!

The same goes for Ankara and Cappedocia.

And along the coast especially the evenings might be getting cooler along the mediterranean but will be still hot in the daytime.

Some trousers with zip off legs would be perfect.

You have a very nice list for places you are going to visit, you will have a holiday of a lifetime for sure.

And be prepared for Ramadan, it is not a probelm in any of the places you mention only in Konya. While I was there during Ramadan 2 years ago we could not find anything to eat. We arrived late in the evening which usually is the time for eating. But in Konya the restaurants only open for about an hour after the sign is given and closes again.

Have a very nice holiday!

NY, NY/Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October Weather in Turkey

Hi Kellie: Villa Rhapsody is right about the weather in October. I have always found it a great time to visit. Less tourists, not so hot, although there is an occassional shower. I would bring some pants, long sleeved shirts and short sleeved shirts, skirts, also bring shorts for Antalya and Kusadasi. Bring a bathing suit, you can still swim in October. i have even swam in November.

You will be in Turkey for Ramadan but day to day life goes on. People rise before dawn to eat before the fast begins, the fast is broken after sunset by a meal called iftar. Many restaurants have special banquet style meals after sun down. In cities like Konya or Sanli Urfa which are more religious than other places it will be hard to find an open restaurant during the day and business hours in the evening are curtailed as VR has said.

You have a great itinerary and I am sure you will enjoy your trip. Happy Travel, Lemonlady

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October Weather in Turkey

bumping up for the member arya273 about October weather...

india
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: October Weather in Turkey

Hi Kellie we we have been going to turkey for the past two years. Last year we went on the 08.10.07 and the weather was fantastic. It gets a bit chilly in the evenings. Just remember October is the start of Turkeys winter so you have to just wish for the best. We are going out there in october too. Pamukkale and Ephesus was lovely you will enjoy every minute. Take light clothing and maybe just a cardigan or jumper for the chilly evenings.

Have a good holiday.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,174 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October Weather in Turkey

The original post is dated Sept. 27, 2006.

6. Re: October Weather in Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 18:17