We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

Considering a 2 week trip to Israel starting about October 27th. How is the weather that late in the season?

The holidays are so late in 2011........

Thanks!

San Juan...
Level Contributor
558 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

Personally, I like the weather best in Israel from October through May--not too hot and a lot like Southern California where I live.

Herzliya, Israel
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

This is a difficult question even if you're a meteorologist! The weather this year at that time was hot and dry but in previous years we've had rain and storms. Still, if you're here for more than a few days the chances are that most of the time it will be warm and dry. Packing is a bit of a problem - my advice to you: bring layers!

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

you can expect rain during October and November... and actually some days can be really stormy. No one can know what will be the weather next year. You might get lucky and you will have 2 weeks of full sun.. and you might get unlucky with days of huge storm with roads being flooded and strong wind.

If I look back over the last couple years... usually November had many days of sun.

Old Bridge, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

I am going to Israel on a tour Oct. 27th. I am concerned about the weather at that time. I will be in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Dead Sea etc. I assume each place has different weather at that time. This is my first trip there and I want to be sure I take the right clothes but not over pack. Any suggestions?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,588 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

You won't need any real winter gear. Most days will be warm and pleasant but not really hot. Evening in Jerusalem will be much cooler than Tel Aviv and you will definitely want to have a sweater or fleece or jacket.

The best way to deal with the weather here is with layers. It will be chilly in the morning when you start out, then warm up to short sleeves weather, and then cool off again in the evening. If you don't suffer from the cool weather you will be okay with sandals (certainly during the day) but you'll want closed shoes in the evenings and may be more comfortable with sneakers for touring anyway.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

If folks were to ask me when an ideal time to come to Israel would be, I'd tell them to come at the end of October exactly when you're coming. By that time, finally the heat will have subsided and it will be much more pleasant to tour. You may here and there get a few days with some rain, but that doesn't put a damper on touring anywhere else in the world, so why should it be problematic over here? In my mind, end of October or May are great times to visit Israel.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,231 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

David took the words out of my mouth. I love May and late October/early November.

Douglas Duckett

Pinetop-Lakeside...
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

This is good info for me as well. Now can leisner and ellie46703 and I start a Oct 27, 2011+ Israel club?

Old Bridge, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

Sounds like we have started our "club". I am excited about this trip. First time to Israel. Leaving from New Jersey with 7 friends. I am trying to find out as much as I can about the places we will be going to. We will have free time in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv and I am trying to find places to go to on our own.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Israel Weather - end of October/Early November

My husband and I are solo travelers on a first time visit. We have a guide for 8 days in the North, Jerusalem (one day) and Masada/Dead Sea. Anyone want to share the guide and join us?

We arrive mid-afternoon in TelAviv on the ElAl non-stop from Los Angeles.

Can't wait........starting to count the days!