We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Eilat to Ein Bokek

Which Eilat hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
From Eilat to Ein Bokek

We are planning Jordan/Israel trip and wondering how we can go to Ein Bokek. So far we have not booked any hotel so after that can ask hotel. But before that I wanna know the availability and cost of the transportation (Bus, Taxi, etc).

If you share your experience and perspectives, would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance !

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,953 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Eilat to Ein Bokek

Where are you coming from to Ein Bokek? If from Ben Gurion airport you can take a taxi. If from Jerusalem, you can take the Eilat bus or the bus that goes as far as Ein Bokek. If you are coming from Eilat you can take the bus to Jerusalem. If you are coming over the Allenby (Hussein) bridge a taxi is your only option.

Chana

Israel

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Eilat to Ein Bokek

Hi Chana

Thanks for insightful message, big help !

I am planning to go Ein Bokek from Eilat.

I found bus from Eilat to Jerusalem but could not find direct transportation to Ein Bokek. Do you have any idea ? or should I go Jerusalem first and then Ein Bokek ?

Tsuyoshi

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Eilat to Ein Bokek

Ein Bokek is the hotel area at the Dead Sea, the bus from Eilat to Jerusalem will stop there.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Eilat to Ein Bokek

Totally clear, thanks a lot !

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,953 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Eilat to Ein Bokek

You can go from Eilat to Ein Bokek. There are 4 buses daily, number 444. You must purchase tickets in advance. Can be done via the Egged web site or at the Central Bus Station in Eilat. The cost of the ticket is 45 shekels. Ein Bokek is on the way to Jerusalem, so logistically it would be best to stop at the Dead Sea on the way. If you go early enough and don't plan to stay overnight you can catch a bus from Ein Bokek to Jerusalem that evening.

Chana

Israel

6. Re: From Eilat to Ein Bokek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2013, 05:19