We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Eilat to Tel Aviv

Vienna, Austria
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Bus from Eilat to Tel Aviv

I am flying to Eilat on the 20th of february and I want to go Tel Aviv. As far as I understood, the only way is to catch an Egged bus (I don't wanna fly again). I tryed to check their website but it is really bad. I cannot book a ticket for more than one week later the current day! So, is it usally really crowded? Do I need to book it in advance, or can I just go to the bus station and catch it?

Thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,495 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Eilat to Tel Aviv

To be sure of getting on, you should book in advance. However, online booking is available only in Hebrew. You can book by telephone, or in person at a bus station, from two weeks to two hours before you want to travel. If you will be in Eilat for a few days before going to Tel Aviv, you can book the bus at the Eilat bus station as soon as you arrive there.

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Eilat to Tel Aviv

Depending what flight you are arriving on, this link might help you

https:/…

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,495 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Eilat to Tel Aviv

I read the OP as flying to Eilat (meaning Ovda), spending some time in Eilat (the town) and then going to Tel Aviv. He does mention the bus station, which makes me think he means Eilat, the town. Of course I could be wrong.

The shuttle in Bluesman's link would work if Gio is going straight from Ovda airport to Tel Aviv. There is no bus from Ovda to Tel Aviv.

Gio, which is it?

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Eilat to Tel Aviv

If Gio D intends to make the journey on 20th February,that is a Saturday, could that be an issue to take in to account?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,495 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Eilat to Tel Aviv

Even on Saturdays it makes no difference. There are buses from Eilat to Tel Aviv on Saturdays, and the airport shuttle works Saturdays.

Until we know whether Gio D is intending to go straight from Ovda airport to Tel Aviv, or from Ovda to Eilat and then on another day to Tel Aviv, we can't offer any more specific advice.

6. Re: Bus from Eilat to Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2017, 00:16