We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eilat, Renting a car on saturday possible?

Budapest, Hungary
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eilat, Renting a car on saturday possible?

There was a topic 2 years ago, maybe there is some changes now:

I tried to rent car for Ryanair arrival, ovda airport. saturday 17h.

Any ide how can i get a rented car on the airport on saturday?

(in New zealand even if it was closed the office on weekend, i could pick up the car, by signing papers online earlier, and they left the car at the parking lot)

Is anyone has any idea what can i do??

f.e. renting a day earlier and they leave the key at certain office at the airport??

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,919 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eilat, Renting a car on saturday possible?

For starters there are no car rentals at the Ovda airport - the closest location is Eilat. And the simple answer is that the only place you can rent a car on Saturday in Israel is at the Ben Gurion Airport, near Tel Aviv.

Riga
Level Contributor
39 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eilat, Renting a car on saturday possible?

I am the same tourist as you, and also actual car rent topic. Luckily I arrived on Thursday.

As far as I know, the car rental companies actually closes 12:00 on Friday afternoon. It seems to me logical, if you spend one night in Eilat and took the car on Sunday. On Sunday, car rental is working from 08:00 to 17:00 or 18:00 (it depends on car rental company).

enjoy trip

Edited: 21 January 2016, 05:40
Budapest, Hungary
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Eilat, Renting a car on saturday possible?

Thanks..

The Eilat - Tel Aviv bus stops at Ovda airport on sat.? I see there is bus 16h, 01h, and nothing inbetween?

----------

i know sunday is open.. but surprised there is no rent at airport at all.

it means they dont have service as we had in NZ.

(in New zealand even if it was closed the office on weekend, i could pick up the car, by signing papers online earlier, and they left the car at the parking lot)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,919 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eilat, Renting a car on saturday possible?

The service you had in NZ doesn't exist anywhere in the country in any case - due to security considerations.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,473 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eilat, Renting a car on saturday possible?

There are buses from Ovda to Eilat (including Saturdays) that are timed to meet incoming flights. See here:

egged.co.il/Article-4917,1420-Transportation…

There is also a shuttle:

https://eilatshuttle.com/

6. Re: Eilat, Renting a car on saturday possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2017, 01:16