We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air travel

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
air travel

We are planning a first trip to Israel. Should we begin our vacation in Tel Aviv and end our vacation in Eilat? Can we fly directly from the airport in Eilat back to the U.S.A New York City area?

We are on a budget yet want to cover as much as possible in 12 days. We want to include Haifa, The Dead Sea, Sfad, Jerusalem, etc.

I would love input from traveler's experience in the best way to do this type of vacation and places we should not miss.

Thank you

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: air travel

What is your budget range in U.S. dollars for accommodation and number of people; by we I believe you mean you and spouse so 1 room one bed would suffice or are there any other family members. Do you have other any criteria (ie) with breakfast close to beach (Tel aviv etc )as all these factors influence price .Once given we can make suggestions . For Haifa I like properties on Mt Carmel close to Bahai gardens tour, for Jerusalem you may wish to be within walking distance of Old City etc

I POSTED at same time as Rglady. But as another poster asked what Month dates will you be here

Edited: 24 January 2016, 14:07
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,236 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: air travel

If you are on a budget I suggest skipping Eilat which is time consuming and expensive. Plan your trip in a logical way around the country. Look for budget lodgings, even youth hostels are great (not what you are thinking, they are like motels and have a full Israeli breakfast). This way you will have more for entrance fees, extra activities and souvenirs.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: air travel

I too would suggest skipping Eilat on your first visit. Your itinerary could look something like this

Day 1-3- Tel Aviv

Day 3-6- Galilee

Day 7-12 Jerusalem (which would include a day trip to the Dead Sea).

If you are on a budget, consider hostels and guest houses. You will be amazed at how good they are, private rooms with ensuite bathrooms and a full breakfast included. All ages stay at them and they are comparable to 2 star hotels in the USA, clean and comfortable. We can give you suggestions once you let us know your plans and your budget.

Regarding transportation. To do this on a budget, use public transportation in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and rent a car for the Galilee. It isn't practical to use public transport in the Galilee and the cost of renting a car is remarkably reasonable and will give you maximum flexibility. Driving in Israel, especially in the north, is not so different from driving in North America. Signage is all in English (and Hebrew and Arabic), and roads are modern and easy to use.

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
524 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: air travel

Eilat is amazig all year.

Just to wake up, to open your window and see the gulf and the desert mountains... It worth it.

Don't miss Eilat, it's amazing place!

15. Re: air travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2017, 00:16