We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eilat/Taba parking

United States
Level Contributor
141 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Eilat/Taba parking

Hi all,

My brother, sister, wife and I are crossing from Eilat into Taba, Egypt, for one day. We'd like to leave our rental car in Eilat while we spend the day (and possibly 1 night) in Taba, then retrieve the car on the way back. Is there somewhere safe and affordable to leave the car at the Taba border? If not, is there somewhere safe and affordable to leave it in Eilat (and we will take bus or taxi to the border)?

I know it is possible to bring the rental car into Egypt but it sounds like a real pain in the neck.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,123 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eilat/Taba parking

You cannot bring a rental car into Egypt. Yes there is a parking lot at the border where you can leave your car overnight.

Chana

Israel

Eilat, Israel
Destination Expert
for Taba, Eilat
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eilat/Taba parking

The parking lot near the Taba border is unsupervised and you leave it at your own risk.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eilat/Taba parking

Leave your car on any side road to the west of the main road as you go down toward the border. Then take a taxi to the border (for four of you it will barely be more than taking the bus). While no-one can guarantee anything, that's a safer option than leaving it by the border.

I don't go to Sinai at the moment, but I used this method myself many times in the past. As Chana said, you can't take your rental car into Sinai (you can take a regular Israeli car, though it's an expensive and confusing process, particularly if you don't speak Arabic and Hebrew).

United States
Level Contributor
141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eilat/Taba parking

Thanks all. I'd really rather not take any chances that the car could be vandalized or stolen. Is there somewhere in Eilat to leave it where it will be safe, such as a parking garage? I'd rather spend a bit extra and not take a risk. Thanks again

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
344 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eilat/Taba parking

Maybe you could inquire with the Eilat branch of whatever company you're renting the car from whether you could leave the car in their parking lot for the duration. That should cover the issue of any damage to the car incurred in your absence!

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eilat/Taba parking

As of last week, I've seen construction works and it seems the unsupervised parking lot is closed. Just park in Eilat and take bus #15, which runs every 30-60 minutes every day 08:00-21:00. Schedule is available here: http://www.egged.co.il

United States
Level Contributor
141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eilat/Taba parking

Thanks guys. JayeBee, great idea! This is why TA is awesome :)

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eilat/Taba parking

If I wasn't clear - bus #15 from Eilat is going to Eilat/Taba border crossing.

9. Re: Eilat/Taba parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2017, 00:17