We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

overnight accomodations close to boarder?

PDX
Level Contributor
210 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
overnight accomodations close to boarder?

Good day! I couldnt find this on the message board- and apologize if I missed it- but any good suggestions for a hotel/b&B etc that is very close to the boarder? I would like to be as close as possible so we can easily get to the boarder early on Friday April 22nd. Thank you as always!

england
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: overnight accomodations close to boarder?

which border point ? there are 3. and im assuming Jordan not Egypt border??

Edited: 18 February 2016, 13:29
england
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: overnight accomodations close to boarder?

which border point ? there are 3. and im assuming Jordan not Egypt border??

Edited: 18 February 2016, 13:29
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,773 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overnight accomodations close to boarder?

In terms of getting to the border from the city of Eilat there is really no significant difference in the location of one hotel to another. Eilat is not that big a city and at most you are looking at a difference of 5 minutes driving time.

PDX
Level Contributor
210 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: overnight accomodations close to boarder?

Thank you so much and my apologies- yes going to Aqaba Jordan from Eilat. Thank you so much!

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: overnight accomodations close to boarder?

If you stay in the North Beach Hotel district, that is pretty close, but as stated before, it really is a 5 minute difference drive time from most hotels to the border.

Israel
Level Contributor
3,330 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: overnight accomodations close to boarder?

YOU have a choice of about twenty hotels in the north beach area- that's to the east of the airport, close to the Aqaba border (the crossing, however, is further north). You could also stay in the "downtown" area west of the airport but that's less nice. Just don't stay south of the airport.

Towson, Maryland
Level Contributor
922 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: overnight accomodations close to boarder?

What time will you be arriving on Thursday? When I went to Jordan, I crossed the border in the evening the night before and spent the night in Aqaba. There are some nice hotels there you don't have to worry about getting to the border first thing.

PDX
Level Contributor
210 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: overnight accomodations close to boarder?

Thank you so much! Yes exactly we would love to be able to make an early enough flight to cross the boarder and stay in Aqaba or closer to Petra thurs night. The boarder closes at 8pm and we are going to tour the northern part of Israel that day so it is making it tough... Do you recall how much time from when you landed at Eilat airport until you got to the Jordan boarder? Is an hour sufficient?

9. Re: overnight accomodations close to boarder?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2017, 00:17