We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

Hi all

Planning my mates stag to Tel Aviv. I know it is a great place to go in terms of bars, clubs and activities. We are going mid-May 2018.

Can anyone recommend anything good to do whilst in Tel Aviv.

We are planning to stay in a hostel on Retsif Herbert Samuel is this a good lively location?

Any helpful tips, advice or warnings in terms of location, activities, good bars/clubs will be massively welcome.

Thanks in advance!!

Ian

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Herbert Samuel Jerusalem
Herbert Samuel Jerusalem
780 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
10 replies to this topic
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

Shalom, Arriving to Israel is a good decision, arriving in May is even better. You would probably have perfect weather, sunny, but not extremely hot like in summer. I live in TLV and it's one of the best places I've been to in the world, though I highly recommend you to travel Israel as much you can, according to your timetable, hope you are planning to go to jrlm and perhaps dead sea, haifa, galile and so on. As for tlv, Herbert Samuel is a very touristic spot, 30 seconds to the sea and close enough to many attractions in the city center. There is always what to do in tel aviv, so much cool places, events and activities, I would definitely recommend you to follow 2 good sources of information: 1. Secret Tel aviv group in FB. 2. Tel aviv DIY guide. ENJOY! (YOU WILL)

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Herbert Samuel Jerusalem
Herbert Samuel Jerusalem
780 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

Thanks so much for this really appreciate it. Can't wait!!

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

Great call coming to Tel Aviv and stay at Herbert Samuel Blvd - it's literally 50 meters from the beach.

You can also find out tons of bars in the area. As said before, so much to see in Tel-Aviv. In term of what to do while you're there - I would recommend you try to search "Eve tlv" in Facebook Messenger - it has ALL the events happing in Tel-Aviv by category and tons of other cool stuff.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Herbert Samuel Jerusalem
Herbert Samuel Jerusalem
780 Reviews
Jerusalem, Israel
London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

Thanks very much.

I'm looking for a bit of adrenaline when we are there as my mate is a thrill seeker. Any ideas?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

We stayed in Tel Aviv in April. It was brilliant!

Loads of trendy bars & restaurants, brilliant beach, fantastic weather & chilled atmosphere.

It was very warm & sunny the whole week (25-30C) so by May I would imagine it will be hot.

We saw plenty of surfers and the usual water based activities like jet-skis and such for adrenaline junkies.

I can't give you any warnings, other than the fact you might want to move there!! The bus station in south Tel Aviv was a bit shady, but you will probably have no reason to go there.

Close to the beach on Dizengoff St we found a great funky bar with happy hours and fantastic pizza called Arale Pizza. It had a car cut in half on the inside so you can't miss it. We loved it there and it was cheaper than all the other bars we found.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Dizengoff Suites
Dizengoff Suites
273 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

Just so you don't get a shock, note that alcohol on bars is expensive in Israel (and all the more so in Tel Aviv) even by UK standards. Eating out is similar to UK prices.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

Great - thanks so much.

8. Re: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2017, 10:41

Pontefract, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

Hi,

How was the stag. I am currently planning a stag and Tel Aviv has come to the forefront.

How many of you were they and were they alright with groups and being drunk etc.?

Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
London, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!

It was amazing. Everyone we met was friendly and no dramas at all with being drunk etc. There was 11 of us and we had no dramas at all.

We stayed at Beachfront Hostel. Great location literally right next to the beach.

I did lots of the arranging with a company called TLV Nights.

They are on Facebook and the guy that runs it is called Ido. He is a complete legend and a total fixer. He knows everyone.

They run an awesome bar crawl from all the hostels and will take you to some awesome places.

He is also really helpful with arranging activities etc as Israel isn’t massively set up for this. There is tons to do but it is helpful to have someone that can help sort you out.

Weather was awesome, beer is good and food is incredible.

Couldn’t recommend it any more highly.

Mentioned in this post
Beachfront Hostel
Beachfront Hostel
479 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Reply to: Tel Aviv Stag - HELP!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted