We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency converter

Fredericton, New...
2 posts
1 review
Currency converter

We are currently in tel Aviv and our North American to israel electrical current converter has stopped working. We fly out Sunday morning and need our electronics charged. Is there anywhere on Saturday that is opened in tel Aviv where we could find another. Feeling a tad stressed . Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Fredericton, New...
2 posts
1 review
1. Re: Currency converter

That should say electrical current converter not currency! Thanks

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Currency converter

While it's not impossible, it won't be easy to find somewhere open on Shabbat to buy that.

Where are you staying? If you're in a hotel, perhaps they can help or you can find other North American guests willing to let you do a charge. If you're in an apartment, maybe the owner has some ideas. If you're in central Tel Aviv, you might go to Mike's Place for a drink and see if there happen to be Americans there who can help.

After the shops open up again this evening you should be able to get something. Home Center at the Dizengoff Center mall (43 Dizengoff) should open at 9:00 pm and I believe you'll get one there, though obviously I can't promise it.

Failing all else, you could presumably buy something at ALM at Ben Gurion airport and charge while you wait for your flight.

Edited: 11 November 2017, 00:54
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,976 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Currency converter

The "ACE" store in the Tel-Aviv Port (near the Yarkon River at the north end of Tel-Aviv) is open today from 10 AM.

https://goo.gl/maps/ggUHX16ZuLB2

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
157 reviews
4. Re: Currency converter

What sort of devices are we talking about? If it's just laptops, tablets and smartphones, then those American devices normally DO work on 220V and don't need a converter at all, just a plug adapter.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
40,834 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Currency converter

Following up on what Dave wrote. I agree with him. Look at the large box that the two American prongs are connected to. It should say, "Input" Odds are it says, input- 110-240V. If it says that all you need is a plug adaptor. Those cost a few shekel. If it is the odd electronic piece of equipment, that says Input 110V, then you need a step down converter. Those are more expensive!

edited to add; If you are at a hotel, there is a good chance that the hotel's front desk will have some plug adaptors.

Edited: 11 November 2017, 20:48
Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Currency converter

Hii I always get stuck like that but i found one an automatic machine in allenby street that sells convertor

its a bit after Rothchild street.

i know it's long time ago but i hope it will help others !

Best,

Paula

Reply to: Currency converter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted