We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from tel aviv to petra

2 posts
1 review
bus from tel aviv to petra

i want to know if it is a option to go with bus from tel aviv to petra ... thanks a lot

4 replies to this topic
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: bus from tel aviv to petra

Others will respond later. It's the middle of the night in Israel.

There is no direct bus to Petra from Tel Aviv. You will need to take the bus to Eilat. I don't think there is a bus to the border with Jordan but I could be wrong. Most people take a taxi to the border. From the border you would use Jordanian transportation.

I'm not certain if there are direct buses to EIlat from Tel Aviv or whether you have to switch in Jerusalem.

Israel
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
586 reviews
2. Re: bus from tel aviv to petra

Of course there are direct busses from Tel Aviv to Eilat, and they operate with ordering reserved seats in advance.

Modi'in-Maccabim-Re...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,979 posts
322 reviews
3. Re: bus from tel aviv to petra

Petra is in Jordan requiring a border crossing. You can either bus to Eilat or bus to Jerusalem and then sherut to Allenby bridge(requires having a Jordanian visa stamped passport before leaving home). Ask on the Jordanian forum regarding options on how to get to Petra from these two border crossings.

Chana

Israel

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: bus from tel aviv to petra

The bus to Eilat takes over 5 hrs. You then have to cross the border and take a bus or taxi from Aqaba to Petra. This takes about 2 hrs (post questions about logistics on the Jordan forum). So you need a minimum of 3 days for this trip - one day going there, one day coming back and one day at the site.

Reply to: bus from tel aviv to petra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted