We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2018 Purim in Tel Aviv

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
2018 Purim in Tel Aviv

I would like advise about the celebrations in Tel Aviv for Purim March 1 2018

Is there a parade? does everybody dress up for it? I was told not to miss it so I stayed a bit longer making March 1 my last day in Israel

All suggestions are appreciated By the way I am traveling solo

Thank you

11 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
560 posts
1 review
11. Re: 2018 Purim in Tel Aviv

Thanks, and I will ask again in late February to get the latest information, but I also carefully watched the video that Eyal-Amos posted and for a second it shows a street sign for Sokolov. I remember now that I was on Sokolov too, and using AcmeMapper, I see one section of the street has the divider I saw, and another section doesn't. I also saw a Masad bank in the video and googled that in Holon, and it's at 41 Sokolow near Haim Weizman St. and the building in the video looks just like the building on the bank's website.

And with street view etc. I determined that I'd been just past Yehoshua Hankin St. (and Sokolov). I'd still like to know where the parade starts and if it's on other streets like the webpage suggests, but the video was a big help. Acmemapper is much like google maps but you can turn off the labels, which includes grey overlays on major streets, so you have in this case a much better view of whether there is a divider in the middle of the street. Google maps was not enough.

Edited: 15 December 2017, 08:46
Reply to: 2018 Purim in Tel Aviv
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted