We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel safety in Jordan

U.S.
Level Contributor
24 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
travel safety in Jordan

My wife and I and two sons (20, 22) are considering a trip to Egypt and Jordan late Dec/ early Jan. Travels in Jordan would include Aquaba, Wadi Rum, Petra, Madaba and Amman. Some folks here in the US (who I'm sure are not that knowledgeable) say that it might not be very safe for Amercians to be touring in Jordan. Other stuff I read indicates that it is for sure safe. So I am wondering what others who have some experience think about travel safety in Jorday. Please let me know what you think.

London, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel safety in Jordan

Jordan is completely safe for people from all over the world. Go, and have a great time.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,875 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel safety in Jordan

i second the above post.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
8,529 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel safety in Jordan

I felt totally safe while in Jordan which is more than I can say for Egypt!

Jordan is a lovely country with friendly, helpful people.

U.S.
Level Contributor
24 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel safety in Jordan

What was your issue with Egypt? I am going there too.

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: travel safety in Jordan

From what I gather, Jordan is rather safer to travel around than in the United States.

Tourists are perfectly safe everywhere.

U.S.
Level Contributor
24 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel safety in Jordan

Thanks for your comments everyone. i will enjoy the trip to Egypt and Jordan, see some sights, and hopefully make some new friends.

Jordan, Arkansas
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travel safety in Jordan

Hello

Believe me that Jordan is not affected by the clear leader in the events in Syria

Ali

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travel safety in Jordan

hello

I join my voice to all the friends in the forum is quite safe, Jordan is a country not affected by the events surrounding

I wish you a wonderful holiday in Jordan

9. Re: travel safety in Jordan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 12:15