We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Beirut, Lebanon
3 posts
Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

I have two passports, but is this possible. I'm currently studying in Beirut and am wondering if Israel will even let me in or if they will demand to stamp both passports because I've not only traveled to other Arab countries but am currently living in one.

82 replies to this topic
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
71. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

I just left Lebanon a few hours ago. Entering Lebanon I had no questions about Israel but unfortunately leaving the guard asked me about visiting Israel. I of course said I did a week ago. He flipped threw the passport and I said "No Israel stamps are there but are on my other passport". I gave him the other passport. He left for a few minutes to talk to his supervisor. When he came back he didn't say anything. I asked if I was banned from Lebanon. The guard said no but don't bring the passport with Israeli stamps back next time.

Dallas, Texas
6 posts
72. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

@martha, Israel has not been stamping passports in years, there is nothing to worry about.

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
73. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

A friend flying out of Rafic Hariri International Airport to Europe recently noticed a fellow passenger, apparently travelling alone (ie not part of an organised tour), who had an Israeli passport. The person appeared to have no problems whatsoever at the outgoing Lebanese passport control.

Isn't this unusual?

salt lake city
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
74. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

In 2016 I flew from Paris to Beirut, spent a few hours in the city and boarded a plane to Cyprus. Then back to Beirut for 4 days. When I left Beirut to go to Egypt, the Lebanese immigration officer leafed through my thick passport and commented that I travel a lot. I agreed. Then he asked if I had been to Israel. I told him, yes, many years ago. And that was the end of it. Proof of my Israeli visit were in my previous passport.

Shanghai, China
1 post
75. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

I’m traveling from Amman to Beirut and have no Israeli stamps, but got stamps in/out by Jordan when crossing from Eilat. Is this grounds for entry denial?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
76. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Hi Gaby85

I have a vaild question which i google and never heard of anyone being deported for having only

evidence of travel to Israel like a entry stamp to Egypt entering from eilat.

I dont have a israeli stamp and no israeli visa but what if i have evidence only that shows entrance to Egypt via

eilat.

Dallas, Texas
6 posts
77. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Years ago when I entered Sinai Egypt through Eilat they offered to stamp on a piece of paper instead of in the passport.

Dallas, Texas
6 posts
78. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Years ago when I entered Egypt through Eilat they offered to stamp on a piece of paper instead of in the passport.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
79. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

They will not deport you just because you entered from Eilat to Jordan and Egypt.

The immigration police know that many tourists have already been in Israel before coming to Lebanon and they also know that many tourists will proceed to Israel after visiting Lebanon and Jordan.

Best regards

Edited: 22 September 2018, 02:19
1 post
2 reviews
80. Re: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back

Hello, I checked the post but couldt see an answer. Sorry if I missed. Is it possible to enter Israel from Lebanon directly for a tourist? I mean if there is a crossing point, board gate between Lebanon and Israel?

Reply to: Travelling from Lebanon to Israel and back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted