We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best place to stay for scuba diving

Which Oman hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester uk
Level Contributor
48 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best place to stay for scuba diving

Where would be the best area to stay for us. We will fly into muscat and would like to be near restaurants and have easy access to a reputable dive centre. I have looked at the shangri la, would this be a good choice.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,466 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best place to stay for scuba diving

I dive regularly with Omanta Dive Center, which is located at the InterContinental Hotel. They are a really good dive op with a comfortable boat (located at the marina about 25 minutes away) and great staff. You can hitch a ride with them to/from the marina (and if I'm diving that day, I can give you a ride back to the InterCon). A very short walk from the hotel is a nice plaza with lots of restaurants and coffee shops.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best place to stay for scuba diving

I would agree with azbuceadora. I have heard good things about the dive op at the InterCon. As she said, also, the hotel is in a great location.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the best place to stay for scuba diving

An alternative is to stay in a beach bungalow at the Oman Dive Center which is on the way to the Shangri La complex.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,172 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the best place to stay for scuba diving

Oman Dive Center was featured last night on C5 in the series "Holiday Heaven on Earth". (UK viewers only)

You can catch it on the iplayer for the next week,I think-or it may be repeated.

(Shangri La , to stay and Chedi,to eat, were also mentioned)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
186 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the best place to stay for scuba diving

Hi,

Both the Shang-ri La and the Oman Dive center are located quite a distance from Muscat and the the traffic can be awful sometimes.

When you dive from either of these sites you usually go along the coast South/East of Muscat.

If you're really into diving, you "must" dive the Damaniyat islands, so try to find a divecenter where you're sure to be taken to this area. i believe Omanta is regularly going there. There are other divecenters in the Qurm area.

Regards,

/M

6. Re: Where is the best place to stay for scuba diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 21:41