We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muscat to Dubai

Ernakulam, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Muscat to Dubai

Hi,

I am an Indian,planning for a muscat trip to meet my friends out there next month and i badly wanna cover Dubai as well as there is nothing to see for a week in Muscat.I am now looking forward for a 7 day trip. I'll be going in visiting visa basis.My friend who is a resident of Muscat used to go to Dubai once in a week by Car and i would like to accompany him. So what all documents should i carry with me?

All i have is a visiting visa of Muscat.Will I be allowed to enter Dubai via car and what all are the formalities should i follow in order to stay Dubai for 2 days and comeback to Muscat since return ticket is from Muscat

Thanks

Hazil

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
151 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Muscat to Dubai

you shall need to take a visit visa of dubai before you enter, indians are not provided visa upon arrival. also the visit visa make sure you get multiple entries into muscat since you shall be exiting the country and re-entering. your friend can visit since he is a gcc resident.

Ernakulam, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Muscat to Dubai

Thanks a lot for your reply.

So i should take dubai visa from India itself? (I mean is that available from Muscat)and what if I leave to India from Dubai?i wont be requiring muscat re entry ryt?

Edited: 10 April 2013, 05:59
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,083 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muscat to Dubai

There used to be a Oman & Dubai combined visa, issued by Oman. Not sure if this option still exists, you have to check with your friend. For visiting Dubai, you need to have the visa before arriving. You can obtain this through travel agents, an authorised hotel, a friend or a relative who could sponsor your visit. You will not be able to enter UAE by car from Oman without this visa. You may not be able to apply for this visa in Muscat, so better do it while in India. You can exit from Muscat to Dubai, then exit Dubai to India, no problems there. If your Oman visa is not multiple entry type, you cannot re-enter Muscat. Similar case with Dubai as well.

Ernakulam, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Muscat to Dubai

Thanks a lot guys for the info :)

5. Re: Muscat to Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 01:18