We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My friend has pulled out so Im now going to Dubai alone

1 post
Save Topic
My friend has pulled out so Im now going to Dubai alone

I was supposed to meet up with a friend in Dubai who has had to pull out at the last minute. Im due to fly to Dubai on 4 April and return home on 9 April. Im not sure whether to go it alone now or cancel. Im looking for advice please. Is it an ok place for a single woman in mid 50s (but still young at heart) to holiday for a few days?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,113 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My friend has pulled out so Im now going to Dubai alone

I have no idea where you are from but I'd make a bet you'll be safer in Dubai than in your home town.

I'm female and visited alone several times before coming to Dubai to live. I've never felt unsafe or uncomfortable here at all.

Dubai has a very low crime rate and there are no particular difficulties for lone women. There's lots to do and as long as you are happy in your own company you'll have a great time.

You can get lots of info from the Top Questions about Dubai on the right side of the screen on the Dubai forum (you've posted this on the UAE forum, you'll get more replies if you post on the Dubai forum). You can also search for recent threads on this subject.

If you have any specific questions please come back and ask.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My friend has pulled out so Im now going to Dubai alone

Please don't worry. The people are very respectful here and women alone (myself included) usually feel very safe. ILME

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My friend has pulled out so Im now going to Dubai alone

Completely agree with earlier posters so safe you will regret it if you don't go

4. Re: My friend has pulled out so Im now going to Dubai alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 05:26