We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Punta Del Este 2014/2015

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
91 reviews
New Years Eve in Punta Del Este 2014/2015

We are going to Uruguay for 2 weeks around NYE. We have been told that Punta Del Este is lovely but I can see the accomodation is expensive. Is it an amazing place to be for NYE or do you recommend somewhere else in Uruguay close to here?

Also, we are after some fire works and dancing for NYE. Is there some sort of web site showing what parties are on? Or can you recommend a party.

Last year we went to Copacabana and we managed to get tickets to an event a few days before. Do you think this might be possible for Punta or is it best to pre book a party?

thanks.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: New Years Eve in Punta Del Este 2014/2015

There are many NYE parties in Punta del Este and the near-by beach areas (La Barra, Manantiales, Jose Ignacio) but most are in private homes. If you are around a day or so before and friendly, you should get an invitation or two. The few major hotels (Conrad, Mantra) have parties. There are a few night clubs with parties, but they can be very expensive (e.g., Tequila) and I think they restrict entry (not sure on that, never been).

Punta del Este's summer season, including NYE, has suffered the last few years due to economic issues in neighboring Argentina, from which it still draws the vast majority of its visitors despite drawing ever more from around the world. NYE is noted for its fireworks displays -- vast, stretching tens of miles along the coasts of the Atlantic and the Rio de la Plata. The last couple of years, while still very impressive, these have been fewer. I would assume the number of private parties is also down.

It used to be virtually impossible to obtain a decent hotel room for NYE without committing to a week. With the fall-off in Argentinian visitors, which is expected to continue this coming season, you should be able to get something good with only 2-3 night's commitment, or even take a risk and get something at the last minute. It will still be expensive. Punta del Este is expensive overall -- food, lodging, entertainment -- even compared to hot spots in Europe. As you go farther north up the Atlantic coast, to La Barra, Manantiales, Jose Ignacio, it can get even more expensive. The nearest town that might be less expensive, and might still have NYE parties for young people, is Piriapolis, west along the Rio de la Plata toward Montevideo.

1 post
2. Re: New Years Eve in Punta Del Este 2014/2015

Hello,

Have you been able to find anything for those dates? I will be traveling by around the same time and I am finding it difficult to book a hotel. I realize the peak-season and my 2 mo only advance...but I am looking for 4**** quality, close by the beach.

Sao Paulo, SP
1 post
2 reviews
3. Re: New Years Eve in Punta Del Este 2014/2015

I am also going to Punta for NYE and would like to know better about the NYE parties and which one I should go! A friend told me that I should look at the party done by the hotel Serena (La Fiesta).... Anyone know / recommend this party?

Thanks!

1 post
4. Re: New Years Eve in Punta Del Este 2014/2015

hello there,

Glad to hear so many of you will be joining me for new years. I spend almost every new years in punta and have a blast every year. Around midnight everyone walks down to the ports on the "manza" side which is the calm water side, and watches the firework shows that go on (primarily the conrad show which is the best). after that there are block parties all along the main street that goes my the ocean(it'll all be blocked off and impossible to miss). There you will find people of all ages dancing and partying until around 1:30 when the block parties begin to settle down and everyone begins to find there way to there other parties or final destinations. A lot of people just go to "mobby dick" "sojo" and one other club that are near the punta port. there will surly be parties that you can go to but its really a party everywhere. NYE entrance to clubs and parties will be more expensive the closer you get to the day but will usually always be available. hope i was somewhat helpful.

Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
5. Re: New Years Eve in Punta Del Este 2014/2015

Agreed with Previous posts. Private parties can be expensive or exclusive. So my suggestion for a foreigner, head to the port area around mobby dick and the streets will be a party With fireworks at midnight And lots of people walking around. Then ask around for parties and decide where to go next at 2 or 3 am.

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
636 posts
50 reviews
6. Re: New Years Eve in Punta Del Este 2014/2015

Another option at sunset is OVO beach Conrad, tonight its DJ giovanetti.

7. Re: New Years Eve in Punta Del Este 2014/2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2016, 01:17