We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January 8th-12th weekend

Howell, New Jersey
5 posts
1 review
January 8th-12th weekend

I read january is the high season but I had a friend that visited a few years ago and he claims that it was a ghost town after new years eve. Is this true? We can either plan our trip to punta del esta for Jan 8th-12 or Dec 18th-20th. We are traveling with a group of 3 men looking to indulge on the party scene, good food and beautiful beaches.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
11. Re: January 8th-12th weekend

Agree with the 'shorter stay' theme. The govt publishes average length of stay by tourists at the end of every season, and these have been shortening a lot over the last 10 years. Last season I think down to 10-11 days. There are specific local reasons of currency re Arg & Brazil for this, however not alone in world. EG Southern Spain, SW UK, Italy used to enjoy these 2 or 3 month family rentals or occupation (children, nanny & one parent) whilst the other parent visited. This is no longer the case, long holidays cannot be taken by the earner, and in many cases cannot be afforded for the rest. Times have changed on "the summer" across the world.

12. Re: January 8th-12th weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2016, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Punta del Este