We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta del Este to Punta del Diablo; Nov 26 to Dec 10

NYC
1 post
Save Topic
Punta del Este to Punta del Diablo; Nov 26 to Dec 10

Planning a solo trip to coast of Uruguay, take some advanced Spanish classes (if possible), surf and so on. But it seems like everything might be too quiet during that time... Is this a good time of year to go or will everything be closed and I will be walking around the streets with a few stray dogs? I would at least hope for some nightlife, bars with a decent crowd. Thanks.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta del Este to Punta del Diablo; Nov 26 to Dec 10

You will always find people around MALDONADO in Punta del Este or Piriapolis, many options to go out for food, bars, pubs and places to have fun... and if you are looking for some nightlife that's the best option, but in november... I'm not cure but I guess you wont find that in ROCHA (Punta del Diablo). Lately it has been cold and most people use to go visit ROCHA for summer (January-February and March). Hope this information helps you.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta del Este to Punta del Diablo; Nov 26 to Dec 10

There are always a few surfers along the coast, even in winter, but not crowds until late December. Except in Maldonado, next to Punta del Este (mentioned by the previous poster), and around the port in Punta del Este itself, there will be no bars or other nightlife during the period you are considering. There will be a few restaurants open, but none of the seasonal ones will have opened. It won't be just you and few stray dogs, but there won't be much action, either. The weather, however, should finally have turned summery (again, as the previous poster notes, it's been uncommonly cool until now), the beaches will be beautiful, and maybe you will have more time to study your Spanish and surf instead of partying . . . .

3. Re: Punta del Este to Punta del Diablo; Nov 26 to Dec 10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2016, 01:17