We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

COT bus to airport, walking distance from dropoff?

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
110 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
COT bus to airport, walking distance from dropoff?

I will take the COT bus to the Punta del Este airport tomorrow, and the lady said it will drop me off on the road and I need to walk the rest of the way. With typical Uruguay helpfulness, she said she did not know how far/long it would be. I just have a small backpack, so baggage is not an issue.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,645 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: COT bus to airport, walking distance from dropoff?

Did you call COT in Montevideo or in Punta del Este? You may want to try a different number. I open the thread thinking you were asking about MVD not PDE. Sorry I don't know about the drop-off distance in PDE.

"With typical Uruguay helpfulness, she said she did not know how far/long it would be"

I'm glad she said she didn't know. It would be much worse if she told you one block and it turns out being 10, wouldn't it? At least she was honest to say she didn't know.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
110 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: COT bus to airport, walking distance from dropoff?

OP here. I will answer my own question. The bus and tourism people im Punta del Este made it seem like a big deal walking from the road to the airport terminal, even without being able to quantify time or distance.

I can now reveal, for the benefit of future travelers, that it took me exactly five minutes and 43 seconds from the bus stop to the terminal door, didn't break a sweat. The bus ticket cost 81 pesos, and the trip from the terminal at Playa Brava took just over 30 minutes. Most recommended.

Thanks, Uruguay, you were real helpful (not).

3. Re: COT bus to airport, walking distance from dropoff?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2017, 01:16