We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Accommodations

Montevideo, Uruguay
1 post
Save Topic
Wedding Accommodations

Hello,

We are planning a wedding January 2nd, 2017 near Punta del Este and looking to block 8-10 rooms for people coming from abroad. All of the prices are incredibly high (prime tourist season) and we would like our guests to stay together if possible.

Anyone have any recommendations??

Any insight would be fantastic, I'm struggling!

Thanks-

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Accommodations

You have many cons together...it's the most expensive weekend of the year in the most expensive city of Uruguay...

Your relatives are traveling some days in advance, I guess, but not all together?

For houses and apartments, they would only accept a minimum of one week booking (in my experience). As for hotel rooms. They tend to have a minimum of 3 nights also, in addition to the high price. Did you tried Maldonado city center?? There isn't a really good hotel but it will be cheaper.

Have you considered the alternative of another cheaper city and organize a transfer for all of them together? Montevideo will be cheaper and easier...you don't even need a private transfer since there are regular buses at 2 hours drive.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,466 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Accommodations

Maybe if you try booking now you can get something in Piriapolis? It's closer to PDE than Montevideo, but I guess you know that since your home town shows as Montevideo. Or further out east, in La Paloma?

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Accommodations

Piriápolis has the same policy as Punta for that period of summer season because it's also very demanded: usually need to book a whole week, unless you find a house still available at the last minute. That's my experience and knowledge, that could be wrong, of course.

At this moment, I don't think they would compromise for a short stay.

Try to gather 4 or 6 of your relatives for a week long stay, rent a big house and take extra mattress (there or in your friend's house) for the rest.

Edited: 03 June 2016, 10:02
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,466 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Accommodations

Indeed, a week is going to be the minimum, especially for a house or condo, but I don't believe that's so for all hotels. I mentioned Piripapolis and La Paloma for cheaper options. Anywhere closer to Punta Del Este I don't think you'll find anything cheaper (except for maybe Maldonado).

5. Re: Wedding Accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2017, 00:17