We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
200 posts
5 reviews
How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

Aside from 1 day Death Road biking in La Paz and 2-3 days in the salt flats. How long should I stay in those cities?

MANY THANKS!

9 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,291 posts
660 reviews
1. Re: How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

Depends on you. Have you booked your trip yet? What do you want to see? Or what do you want to do?

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
200 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

Didnt book yet. I will do a lot of trekking in Peru, then Bolivia for Uyuni salt flats and biking. Checked the things to do in both Uyuni and La Paz. Doesnt interest me, so wondering what other things to do there, and how many days should I spend in each city.

Just wanna do anything that is unique on those specific places.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,291 posts
660 reviews
3. Re: How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

Uyuni is the Salar obviously. La Paz no idea personally on. Just know it is higher up.

London
Destination Expert
for Salta
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
293 reviews
4. Re: How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

La Paz is a great place to spend a few days. You could get by with one very full day but at least two would be better. Some info and photos which may provide some ideas, on our blog @ https:/… . Do make the time to go up to El Alto.

Although the Salar and altiplano is incredible, Uyuni town itself is a rubbish strewn dump. The less time there the better. Most people move on immediately upon returning from their tours.

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

Uyuni - if you want the day tour of the salt flats, just go in and out. If you want the three day full nature tour, go for it. But Uyuni town itself has little to offer.

I didn’t love La Paz. I think you could do it in a day of sightseeing, personally.

Though smaller, I really enjoyed Sucre.

Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

Hey. If you are planning a budget trip to the saline of Uyuni, and you have little time, you can come in the morning to the city of Uyuni and immediately go saline. And the same evening the night bus to go to Chile https:/…

or to return to La Paz. The salt shaker can be viewed for free. We wrote on the blog, though it is in Russian, turn on the translator. https:/…

Personally, I like La Paz: funiculars and architecture. To include in the program valley of the moon is very near the city, you can take the road of death and the jungle. All this can be done from La Paz and all this we wrote in the blog.

https:/…

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
200 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

Thanks guys! Appreciate all the help. I will be coming from and leaving back to Peru.

So I guess from the look of things, Uyuni- 3 days tour(or 1 day + 1 night tour cuz I read 3 days tour dont do the beautiful night tour at the salt flats), leave right after.

La Paz- 1 day + 1 day death road bike.

So thats 5 days total.

Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,809 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

Although the salt flats were great, the highlight for us was the spectacular scenery on the jeep tour so my advice would be to choose the three day jeep tour, not just the one day salt flats tour.

La Paz is fascinating so 2 days would be great. Wander around, go to markets (hopefully you are there on Thursday or Sunday so you can go to the El Alto market), watch people, take the cable car, walk to a few viewpoints, enjoy the street vendors, maybe visit a museum or two...

I know you want to do the biking but we did the three day El Choro trek which was amazing.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?

Personally I didnt like La Paz either, spent 3 days there (because of having my friend plan the trip as I was ridiculously busy at work-learned from that) and I think 1 is totally fine. Imo, there is nothing special. Uyuni is nice as it really is something unique and as you're looking for unique places a salt desert where you can get incredible pics is amazing!

Reply to: How Many Days in La Paz & Uyuni?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted