We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
790 posts
266 reviews
New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

I've seen some mention in the Colombian press that there is going to be a new AMEX lounge at El Dorado and I'd thought it was opening this week. Anyone got any information on that - and where in the International part of the terminal it's going to be?

Presumably it's going to be the same sort of format as the other Latam AMEX lounges - like the one at EZE?

12 replies to this topic
Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
790 posts
266 reviews
1. Re: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

I'll answer my own question as I'm at the airport tonight.

The new Amex facility is around gate 52, towards the end of the international terminal.

Not so much a lounge as a booth with free drinks and tiny snacks.

Hostess sits at the entrance, need Amex Platinum + passport to enter.

If you've access to one of the other lounges (the two Avianca or the LAN) one not worthwhile.

Just a set of seats and tables, no dividing wall from the main concourse. Note it's not a few gates before where there's a large AMEX ad, it's right towards the end. Not big, but pretty full this evening.

1 post
2. Re: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

muchas gracias. You save my life

1 post
1 review
3. Re: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

Is the Amex Lounge at El Dorado Airport still open? Latest comments are from 2017...

Edited: 17 May 2018, 16:52
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

I would like to comment that there is a new lounge in El Dorado Intl airport, located at gate 47 level of Terminal 1 International departure area.

It is called Mastercard Eldorado Lounge. It is an airport managed lounge, accessible to PriorityPass members as well as Mastercard "LoungeKey" subscribers. And of course to anyone willing to pay an entry fee.

I have no idea what is this LoungeKey program by Mastercard, so can´t comment on that.

I am a PriorityPass member (through my visa card) and had the pleasure to use this lounge a couple of times. It is a BIG lounge, pretty quiet, with a decent buffet, and a LOT of services. It also has a restaurant option for a very reasonable fee ( USD 3 if I remember well).

I have access to the Avianca VIP lounge thanks to my frequent flyer status with the airline, but I routinely use the eldorado Mastercard lounge instead.

The Amex lounge is NOT a lounge. Is is a privatized area of the general waiting zone. Meaning you are still in the noisy environment of the general area.

Edited: 17 May 2018, 18:27
Colombia
Level Contributor
4,911 posts
197 reviews
5. Re: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

Which Colombian visa card provides you Priority pass Stephane, if you don't mind sharing.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

Bicks

I have a Citi Lifemiles Visa Infinite. The Platinum also provides PriorityPass service.

Otherwise:

Citi AAdvantage Platinum

Bancolombia Visa Infinite

Davivienda Visa Signature and Visa Lifemiles Signature

Itau MasterCard Black

BBVA Visa LifeMiles Platinum Elite and Mastercard Black

There might be other ones. Usually the Visa Platinum and Infinite segments, as well as the Mastercard Black segment provide PriorityPass service.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

Not all memberships are equal though. Mine gives 12 free entries / year. The Platinum one only 6. I don´t know for the other banks.

Colombia
Level Contributor
4,911 posts
197 reviews
8. Re: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

Awesome Stephane. Thanks for the info.

2 posts
9. Re: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

I am here today and there is no lounge available for Amex. It must have been closed.

2 posts
10. Re: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?

Upon reading with a Plat card you can get a free priority pass ($399 value) which would allow you into the clubs here. You must sign up through American Express and have the priority card with you. Hope this helps.

Reply to: New American Express Lounge at El Dorado Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted