We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Bogota to London

Chiquinquira...
8 posts
Save Topic
Flights from Bogota to London

I am not happy with Avianca .Why are they charging £882 return end of Feb to end of June but from London To Bogota return is £473 nearly double, terrible.They said it is down to availability which i think is rubbish because it does not matter if i look at flights 6 months away same price or more.Whether it is because the Colombian government have put up taxes or them monopolizing I do not know .It would be nice to know the real reason.

Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Bogota to London

This isn't by any means unique to Avianca. In the past a return ticket from New York to London was much cheaper than London to New York on airline across the board. I remember when Air France used to charge over a £1,000 to go to Colombia. I als remember when I used to be able to get a return from London to Miami for £300. Before Norwegian Air came on the scene recently you were looking at over £500 quid, I could fly to Colombia cheaper which I found was ludicrous. Air fares fluctuate for different reasons no point in getting worked up about it or finding a culprit just find an alternative you can budget airline it to Miami on Wingo or Viva and budget it to London via Norwegian or you can go with United via Washington or New York. Turkish airlines has some deals to Bogota-Istanbul where you can find a cheap flight to London but obviously that's a longer route than going via the States.

Edited: 03 February 2017, 19:53
Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Bogota to London

Hi guys

I want to go back to South America, last week in July and the first two weeks in August. I have tried Avianca multi flights but they are expensive, even for London-Bogota-Quite-Lima-Asuncion-Lima-La Paz-Bogota-London.

Any ideas on the cheapest way to do these flights?

Cheers

Trevor

Level Contributor
1,026 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Bogota to London

Viva Colombia is owned by Ryan Air and flies from Bogota to Quito, Lima and Panama. If you can find a cheap charter flight to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) or Havana, Cuba another Colombian budget airline called Wingo also flies from these places.

Also if you can get to Fort Lauderdale/Miami on Norwegian air, Viva also flies from Miami to either Medellin or Bogota and Spirit a US budget airline flies to Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena and Armenia.

As for Peru to Bolivia and Paraguay I wouldn't know. Also FYI Viva is set to expand into the Peruvian domestic market from April.

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Bogota to London

thank you

Chiquinquira...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Bogota to London

Sorry so late getting back to you ,thank you for your advise.

Regards

Robert

6. Re: Flights from Bogota to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Bogota