We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Bogota for sightseeing

Boston...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay in Bogota for sightseeing

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are going to visit Bogota for 3 days in May 2018. We want to do sightseeing during the days and in the evenings we want to check out some nightlife (bars, restaurants). We are fairly seasoned travelers and we understand that we need to always use common safety measures especially in the evening. So we were hoping to get recommendations regarding which neighborhood we should get a hotel/hostel in. We were hoping to find an area from which we can easily go sightseeing. We don't mind taking a bus into the city. We do not need any fancy accommodations, even a hostel will do, as long as the location is safe and beds are clean... it will work for us. We were hoping to find a budget hotel/hostel no more than $50/night. I read some forums and noted that Zona Rosa and Park 93 are safe areas in the north but I am concerned that they are far from the city center and may be difficult to do the sightseeing from. I know that most historic sights are in La Candelaria but most posts do not recommend staying in La Candelaria as it can be unsafe in the evening. So I was hoping to get some recommendations regarding the neighborhoods that are close to sightseeing.

Thank you so much for your help!

5 replies to this topic
Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Bogota for sightseeing

As you noted, Parque 93 and Zona T are safe and lively neighborhoods. You can easily get Airbnb accommodations for less than US$50 per night. I would recommend using Uber instead of any public transportation in Bogota. La Candelaria is great to visit but not to stay!

Medellin
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Bogota for sightseeing

Look at hostels in the Chapinero Alto area - sort of midway, and near to Zona G which is a foody area, and Chapinero is a university barrio with lots of bars etc.

Plenty of backpackers do stay in Candalaria - it is not somewhere I would stay, however if that is your thing, then go for it, just be careful at night and use a taxi. There are many hostels there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Bogota for sightseeing

My friend and I stayed at BhBicentenario in La Candelaria in May. We loved it. There are many great museums, galleries, and cathedrals close by. It is also within walking distance to Casa Quinta de Bolivar and the Monserrate. The graffiti walking tour also starts in the park across from the hotel. We spent about 55 USD a night. The hotel is very clean, modern, included a good breakfast, and is secure. The staff there also arranged us to visit the Salt Cathedral.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Bogota for sightseeing

Virrey Park would be a great location for you. Perfect safe..super central and for the rest follow the recommendations in previous posts and you will be OK.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Bogota for sightseeing

La Calenderia is wonderful. Take a taxi at night anywhere but perfectly safe during the day. We stayed at Sayta Hostel and had great experience.

Reply to: Where to stay in Bogota for sightseeing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted