We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogota for one day

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bogota for one day

We will be in Bogota for a full day March 15th. We are stopping over on route to Santiago, Chile. We are looking for a tour with not a lot of walking. Can someone give me if available a private tour for 4 people where we can see as much as possible with little walking. (my husband cannot walk more than 1 block without severe hip pain.

3 replies to this topic
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bogota for one day

Remember that Bogota altitude is around 8,660 ft. The city has flat areas but the historical city is a bit hilly.

I would therefore recommend no walking at all. Especially since long hours in a plane can also generate pains for people who already have conditions.

I was initially thinking about taking the cable car up the hill of Monserrate, to enjoy the great view over the city, but there is still a short path from the cable car exit to the Church esplanade, that may result difficult for someone who may feels pain with one block walking.

I guess you would need to find a local travel agency would could arrange a customized day tour for you. None that I can really recommend though. Firstly because I never used a tour agency to visit Bogota, meaning I have no hands on experience with local tour agencies.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bogota for one day

Thanks for your information. I will search for a travel company that may be able to accommodate us!

Santiago, Chile
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bogota for one day

I was there on an 8 hour layover in April, and covered a lot of ground in a matter of few hours: La Candelaria, Simon Bolivar Plaza, cafes and bars and Cerro Monserrate. I LOVED the city, and want to go back for more - there's also the Bogota Bike Tours that came highly recommended to me by various people who have visited before.

I posted a little blog post on our experience here if anyone wants any tips: biancarods.com/home-3/8-hour-layover-guide-t… - feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Reply to: Bogota for one day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted