We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogota to Villa de Leyva

3 posts
Bogota to Villa de Leyva

Hey

I am going on a Colombia Vacation with 2 friends in september.

We will take an airplane from Santa Marta to Bogota -12:35 ETA.

Ideally we would like to go to Villa de Leyva that same day and stay for 2-3 nights.

We will be late for the only busses I found on the internet. So my question is:

Any advice on how to get to Villa de Leyva ?

Edited: 13 August 2017, 11:50
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: Bogota to Villa de Leyva

I'm researching the same thing, right now, so I hope someone who has better information than me answers before this question disappears onto page 2, never to be seen again.

I am seeing reports that there are shuttle buses at the airport that leave directly for Villa de Leyva. I am also seeing reports that a taxi from Bogota to Villa de Leyva is not prohibitively expensive ($60 to $80 U.S. dollars according to some things I've read).

I'm going to email my hotel about this when I get around to booking a hotel for a possible November trip. So I do hope that, in the meantime, you get more specific information.

3 posts
2. Re: Bogota to Villa de Leyva

Yeah I've seen those forum posts that you're referring to.

But not really any reliable information out there.

Thats why I am trying my luck here ^^

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
919 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: Bogota to Villa de Leyva

If you don't want to pay for a taxi there (and I remember seeing what retrofuturistic mentions above, that they're not too expensive especially considering the tolls) you can take a short taxi ride from the airport to the bus terminal (main one, really just 10 minutes away) and get a bus to Tunja, From there you can get taxis or whatever (it's been forever since I've done it) to Villa de Leyva anytime. It looks like the forever project known as the Tunja bus terminal isn't quite done yet so you will likely encounter the same old disorganized mess but it's the safest disorganized mess in Colombia.

These are the guys with the prepaid taxis at the Bgota airport so you could get a quote from them:

www.viajesimperialsas.com/webviajesimperial/…

Edited: 13 August 2017, 15:58
Manizales, Colombia
Level Contributor
302 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Bogota to Villa de Leyva

There are no busses at Bogota airport which go anywhere but to the city centre.

The main bus terminal is a short taxi ride away without going into the city.

The last time that I went there I took an 11am Concorde coach to Tunja for 2pm and then a local bus to Villa de Leyva for 3:30pm.

3 posts
5. Re: Bogota to Villa de Leyva

Thanks a lot for the info.

I looked at terminaldetransporte.gov.co and it appears that busses to tunja are departing pretty much once an hour. Apparently theres also busses directly to Villa de Leyva. Although it does not say how long any of those take. Can anybody confirm?

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
919 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Bogota to Villa de Leyva

They're locals so maybe 5 hours, plus delays leaving the city. You can see that some run only weekends and holidays (F for festivo), others are daily. The last daily seems to be 3:15 PM which should be fine. An express to Tunja and then a local or taxi might actually be faster. The last local I took to that region (I think it was Råquira), back in the 90s, had an entertaining episode where the struts broke and they put in a wooden plank. It worked!

Edited: 13 August 2017, 17:41
7. Re: Bogota to Villa de Leyva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2018, 01:17