We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review on travel company

New York
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Review on travel company

Has anybody ever gone with a company called "southamerica.travel"?

What were your impressions?

Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Review on travel company

That is a question I suppose I should have asked before I booked my travel with them! We are using them for 2 weeks in March. So here is the answer from the "before we go category". We booked all our internal flights hotels and tours with them. The girl we talked to seems very knowledgeable and set up a nice trip for us. Took all my questions changed things around for us and in short was very helpful. Of course the proof of the pudding is in the eating and we haven't actually gone yet but from this side of the trip I am very happy.

If you're interested in using the same girl we did let me know and I'll post her contact info.

Edited: 17 October 2016, 17:16
Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
790 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review on travel company

I haven't used the company but was a little intrigued. Looking a their own website there are a large number of positive reviews. However there seems to be very little about them on TripAdvisor. I did find this review

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29426…

One concern I might take from that would be the defensiveness (and long windiness) of the company in responding to the complaint. A little more ownership of the issues raised would have been more welcome I'd suggest. However, it's a posting from a long time ago (2011) - so the company certainly has been in business for a long time.

On your return from vacation please post how it went. They do seem to offer a product that allows a bespoke trip to be planned. Of course it's probably cheaper to organize yourself, but if they're good it might be a useful recommendation to others who know that they want to visit X, Y and Z in N days but want someone to make the arrangements for them.

New York
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review on travel company

Something came up and we had to cancel our trip and therefore never used them.

I can not say how they are. One thing I did find a bit odd though were the reviews on their site. A lot of them were written "before" the people actually went on their trips, they even mentioned it by saying, they wish they would have been asked to rate them till "after" the trip and not only after booking.

To me booking is one thing but how it turns out in the end is another.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Review on travel company

Well I'm committed so I will be posting a review when I get back.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Review on travel company

Well we used them in March. Everything they set up for us went without a hitch. Had a good trip enjoyed the country.

The girl at south America travel had lots of suggestions some of which we took. They set up a guide for us as well as the flights and hotels.

Reply to: Review on travel company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted