We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

van rental

Which Nuku'alofa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Takaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
van rental

We are a family and wanting to rent a 12 seater van if possible for 4 days in early July, anyone got any recomendations?

Sydney
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: van rental

Hey Gordon,

Go on the visitor's bureau webpage-

thekingdomoftonga.com/index.php/…

You have 2 options:

1. Fab Rentals (which require a deposit of around $500 TOP and insurance on top of that) OR

2. Jetsave (the one I went with and got a car for $60 TOP Toyota Yaris I think, just had to make sure that it was topped up with fuel and insurance was to be covered by the travel insurance that you purchase separately). I think the lady's name is Lee (kiwi) and was lovely to deal with.

Best of luck,

Eni

New Zealand
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: van rental

Thanks we have a van for part of our trip but we are still looking for a vehicle for the rest, I will try Jetsave.

A B
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: van rental

Are you sure lee is from Jetsave? Or is she from fab rentals? Cos on the website, the email contact for fab rentals is lee (leeintonga@gmail). Do you know what the prices are for fab rentals? and avis?

Auckland
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: van rental

Lee is at Fab rentals not Jetsave. The information given in the first reply should be the other way around. Fab rentals does not provide insurance on their cars, so you are liable for any damage whereas Jetsave does you just have to pay the excess if you are in an accident. Avis has 15 seater vans and Jetsave has 12 seater vans.

Tongatapu Island...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: van rental

To clarify for everyone, Lee, thats me, I own FAB Rentals and we are easy to deal with, organised chaos as one website called us, we do our very best to rent you a car to suit your needs and price range. cars start from $60 pa`anga per day

email me if you want to make a booking ask a question about renting a car or anything else about Nuku`alofa

I have lived here over 20 years and am a kiwi. I answer your emails as soon as I receive them during working hours. email is leeintonga@gmail.com FAB Rentals Nuku`alofa and yes we do one day half day and cruise ship hires.

6. Re: van rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Nuku'alofa
Recent Conversations
More Nuku'alofa Topics