We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Hi, appreciate someone can help me with the following questions.

I will be going to Seoul this Dec 18-27 and this is my first trip to Seoul.

1) I plan to head straight to Mt sorak once reaching Incheon Airport. Is there any express bus that will go from airport to mt sorak ?

2) Can I know if the express bus as well as the Seoul subway allows big lugguages on board ? Is there any compartment in the express bus to store these travel lugguages ?

Many thanks !

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Hi i was wondering whether it would be possible to take a taxi from Seoul to Yongpyong?

Or from Yongpyong to Resom Spa Castle?

How long would it take, and how much would it cost? Also, how many people can fit in a single taxi?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Hi,

I've just came back from Seoroksan and thought I share my transportation experience with you.

1. Caught the bus from Dong Seoul bus station to the intercity bus station in Sokcho. It took 2 hrs 10 minutes and costed W 16,100. Very roomy and has space underneath for luggages.

2. Was quoted a taxi price of W 200,000 for a ride from Seoul to Sokcho flat rate

3. From Express Bus Terminal in Sockho to the Express Bus Terminal in Gangnam it took 3 hrs and still the same price of W16,100.

THere are 2 bus terminals in Sokcho, one goes to Dong Seoul station and the Express Bus Terminal takes you to Gangnam for the same price.

Hope the info can help with your trip planning.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Hi there

How abt the transport from Sokcho to Mt Sorak ? is there any bus or taxi ?

Singapore
Level Contributor
276 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

yes, both r easily available n affordable though i don't have the exact idea of the location. bear in mind the taxi driver level of understanding of english will not be as common compared to seoul, so get someone to write down yr destination in korean first. n i found out from one user here that there is a local helpline at the bus terminal, so pick it up and ask for help should u encouter any difficulty. they r very useful!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Thanks, Janet, for your info.

Will look out for it.

Perth, Western...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

Hi, Im going to Seoul end November 2012 and I wonder if anyone has ever been to Mt Sorak fm Icheon here? Im still planning my agenda with 3 days to jeju island & i also wonder how to go to yongpyeong from guro-dong? hope someone cld help me :)

Million thanks.....

Jakarta, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

hi.... how to get there to mt.sorak from seoul ( myongdong area) ? how long the distance from seoul to mt.sorak? after go to Mt.sorak, i will continue to everland on the same day.is it possible? How to get there transportasion from Mt.sorak to Everland and how long? Thank you for your help

Singapore
Level Contributor
276 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

there are 2 bus interchange from seoul to sorak town. one of them is gangnam n not sure whether the other is dong seoul (just do a serach, can easily get location). they are both gd options but has diff timing n frequency. not wise to cover both mt sorak and everland in 1 day in year end as the day is short. while it is possible to rush here n there, when u reach everland, it will be v cold n u need to chk on the closing time. sorak is a lovely town n there r gd value budget stay around, spent one nite to enjoy the mountains (quite a few to explore if u r into this), i'm not and still have things to do. beautiful place. suggest u stay 1 nite, then maybe next morning go down to everland, can take u 1 whole day cos it's a huge place, alot of walking. if u really want to push it, go early to mt sorak, at nite u can go lotte world (close at 9pm, i think) cos it's indoor n it nears gangnam bus intechange. again chk the timing, but gangnam is like city area, road heay traffic during peak hrs like 6pm.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

I believe there are MORE regular buses from the Express Bus Terminal in Seoul (every half an hour) than from the Dong Seoul Bus Terminal (every 1 hour and ten minutes) and intercity buses are SLOWER than express buses.

Plug your times you wish to leave and compare the timetables. Also be aware that some buses have transfers so in the transfer selection make sure you set it to 0 before you conduct your search.

I am assuming this tool reflects the timetables accurately and it is in English too!!!

http://ga82.com/

It takes 2 and a half hours to go to Seoul to Sokcho.

Edited: 02 September 2012, 05:33
Daegu
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Express bus to Mt Sorak and Seoul subway

You can search for buses and trains throughout the country using a new site which is available in English (with Korean text always along side it). If you anticipate running into trouble, you can print out stuff from the site, since it's always in Korean and English side by side.

Just type the starting and ending city at www.koreatransportation.info