We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

space observers

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leics
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
space observers

Does any one know what has happened to the space observer visit?nobody mentions it anymore and it has vanished from the things to do section.

Thanks pam

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: space observers

I'm sorry that I can't tell you the up-to-date position, but you'll find the reviews via this link

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g294205-…

(It's under our Top Questions on the right of the page under "Things to do Activities")

leics
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: space observers

Thanks for that Marlscat,

it sounds like a nice evening but when we were in Luxor last may nobody knew if it had started up again as it had stopped when the troubles started.

i hope it will be back when we go next may but doesnt look hopeful.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: space observers

This is the last update that I can remember seeing on the forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k4…

There are a few forum members in Luxor at the moment with more to due go, so perhaps someone will see your post and be able to help more.

UK/Luxor
Level Contributor
413 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: space observers

I believe Kris and Lydie were back in Belgium for a holiday during the summer. I think they are back and open for business again. I will see what I can find out

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: space observers

I wanted to book for my sister during the summer months but was informed by them that they were closed until 30th september.

Here is the link to the post I put up on here....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k4…

UK/Luxor
Level Contributor
413 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: space observers

Ok Kaz....... thanks for that, maybe they are not back yet.

i'll double check

NE UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: space observers

Hi. I sent an email to space observers and they reply that they will be re-starting in Luxor in October - but didn't give a specific date. I'm going in November, so it will be my second visit with them N'Shallah!

Edited: 05 September 2011, 11:43
leics
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: space observers

Thank you all,looks more promising now

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: space observers

Hi anddrewsisters

Do you think my wife who has limited walking ability, she can walk about 4 - 5 metres could go on this night out trip and I believe they also do a meal with it, did you have the meal. We are going at the end of Nov

Phil

NE UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: space observers

Hi Phil - there was a minibus which picked us up at the hotel and, as far as I remember, it parked very close to the site, with flat, though uneven access. There are toilets. If its possible to fold the wheelchair, I'm sure it would go in the vehicle. This would probably be best as there is quite a bit of standing, looking up. I can't remember there being any seats. Your wife would probably have to stand to be able to look through the telescopes. I didn't go for the meal, but we were offered both tea and a bottle of water. Lydie, who does the organisation as well as the astronomy, is very pleasant and easy to talk to. I contacted her whilst in Luxor. Best wishes Ann