We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Fees and Self Drive

Camberley UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
241 reviews
Park Fees and Self Drive

I am going to the Mara in a week, but am wondering about two aspects:

- Park Fees, I am driving from Nairobi via Narok. For the first night I stay at Riverside Camp (just outside Talek Gate). Can I avoid paying a park fee to get there (assuming I approach on the Sekenani Road)

- How much are park fees currently, are they $60 and will I need to pay twice if I move to Serena side from Keekorok side.

- Are the Park fees per 24 hous or per day?

- Finally - what restrictions are there on self drives. Looking at google earth (enabling 4 tracks overlay) i see a number of tracks in the park - am I allowed on these and just on these?

Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
21. Re: Park Fees and Self Drive

some ....possibly good news:

www.maratriangle.org/public-forum/post/904764

It appears (possibly) that the tickets are now transferable from one side of Mara to the other, though they seem to be waiting for official confirmation

Camberley UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
241 reviews
22. Re: Park Fees and Self Drive

Just back from our trip and just to confirm we found they have sorted out the tickets so that they are transferable we paid $60 per person per 24 Hours. Annette

23. Re: Park Fees and Self Drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2010, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...