We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenyan Honeymoon - Kicheche Mara & then Mombasa??

Nottm, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Kenyan Honeymoon - Kicheche Mara & then Mombasa??

In the very early stages of planning our honeymoon & have had some excellent advice from tirpadvisor forums before so thought I'd post here first.

We get married on 25th Sept 2010 & would love to go to Kenya for our honeymoon lasting about 10 days, no set budget but really don't want to spend much over £5k. Have spoken breifly to trailfinders who suggested Governors & then Sychelles however the price was pretty high & we seem to wasting a lot of time in Nairobi waiting for flights etc

Read fantastic reviews about Kicheche Mara & it sounds perfect for us, do not want to stay in a hotel outside the Mara or in a lodge, I want to experience Kenya & wake up to hippos wallowing outside (dreaming possibly I know!!), haven't started looking at Mombasa yet but thinking adult only with plenty of activities.

So can you help? Open to suggestions but please don't just reply advertising your own business I want advice from experts who have been.

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenyan Honeymoon - Kicheche Mara & then Mombasa??

If you want to wake up to Hippos then governors is for you!! We would walk out of our tent and see them in the river every day in fact was even woken up first night by the young one wandering yards from our tent. We saw Kicheche while on our drives and its in a completely different kind of area to governors. Getting to Governors was a doddle ...left hotel in nairobi at 8.45 was in tent at Governors by 11, no waiting aroundat all.

Shared our jeep with a young honeymoon couple and they said Governors was perfect and they were made to feel really special!

Nottm, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenyan Honeymoon - Kicheche Mara & then Mombasa??

Thanks, could you possibly give me a bit more info on how you got there, who you booked with etc? Governors does look & sound fantatsic but I fear it may be out of our budget, if you don't mind me asking how much did yours cost?

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenyan Honeymoon - Kicheche Mara & then Mombasa??

No problem, will send you a pm with more info and phone number too!!!

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kenyan Honeymoon - Kicheche Mara & then Mombasa??

You can also wake up to Hippo`s outside your tent at Finch Hattons breakfast overlooking Mt Kilimanjaro and beautiful safari drive

nyc
Level Contributor
14,854 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kenyan Honeymoon - Kicheche Mara & then Mombasa??

Royal Mara Camp also has hippos right outside their beautiful large tents.

MAZZYAUDS
Level Contributor
225 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kenyan Honeymoon - Kicheche Mara & then Mombasa??

Hi, I've sent you a PM - we've just got back from our honeymoon and we're raring to talk about it:-) Hope it helps.

7. Re: Kenyan Honeymoon - Kicheche Mara & then Mombasa??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2010, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...