We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kimana Mara Camp

Sydney
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Kimana Mara Camp

Can anyone tell me if they have stayed at this camp before?

Looking for budget to midrange + authentic experience.

Any suggestions welcome

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
1 post
75 reviews
1. Re: Kimana Mara Camp

We stayed at Kimana Mara in May 2010; it is an excellent experience. The staff are helpful and friendly. The accommodations are basic, with some en suite tented rooms. The food is tasty and served in an open air dining room. They light a fire at night; staff come and share their experiences around the fire. I recommend Kimana Mara wholeheartedly! Another plus is that it is owned by the local community, so the Masaai benefit from your visit.

2. Re: Kimana Mara Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 11:05
Apollo Beach...
1 post
3. Re: Kimana Mara Camp

DO NOT stay there...No electricity most of the time...water coming out of faucets and shower is brown...not to mention the visit of a leopard inside the compound at night...apparently under new management in the last 2 years...and NOT what it used to be...place is run down (sept 2010)...

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Kimana Mara Camp

"not to mention the visit of a leopard inside the compound at night"

It's the bush; what do you expect?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
343 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Kimana Mara Camp

"It's the bush; what do you expect?"

I kind of thought the same thing. I think many people would see that as a "plus" that the camp is so close to the animals.

6. Re: Kimana Mara Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 01:39
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...