We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari price negotiation

di2
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
463 posts
9 reviews
Safari price negotiation

Hi,

I'm currently researching safaris itineraries and prices, I do not want to insult anyone. Is it custom to negotiate price and to use quotes received from competitor to get a better price? I'm not familiar with the Kenyan culture and do not want to offend anyone.

D.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
1. Re: Safari price negotiation

Just go ahead and convey the offers you are getting from the various TOs to your preffered TO and i can assure you will get the best deal by doing so.

That will ensure that you are not fleeced nor technically arm twisted to pay more for less.

All the best!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Safari price negotiation

yes you can negotiate the price for better deal i have been doing that to the TO whom he has been flexiable on his prices.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Safari price negotiation

Hi you can negotiate and get the best deals and good services at the same time.carry on in doing the search.for more u can contact me.All the best

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
5,718 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Safari price negotiation

Yes - haggling extends from buying fruits/veggies from hawker on the street to inside the shops (incl TOs). it's the norm in Kenya.

5. Re: Safari price negotiation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 14:53
Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...