We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mara safari family - what tour operator?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Mara safari family - what tour operator?

Hello all. Spending 2 weeks in Kenya July 2013 with my wife and 2 children (12 and 14). We are planning a 2 night safari in the Mara and would like some advice as to good tour operators from Nairobi. We would be fine with either lodge or tented camp and don't need "luxury" just good value, decent food, comfortable, great nature guides and fantastic game viewing! Thinking of Gadventures as a possibility.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Mara safari family - what tour operator?

Hi- we went in August 2011. We used virgin for whole trip but safari company used by Virgin in Mara was Gamewatchers- we stayed at Porini Lion Camp. Not cheap but definitely worth the cost as service was excellent. Game watching was excellent- can't recommend it enough.

We travelled with our children aged 9, 13 and 15yrs.

2. Re: Mara safari family - what tour operator?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 21:35
3. Re: Mara safari family - what tour operator?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 04:05
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,735 posts
55 reviews
4. Re: Mara safari family - what tour operator?

Doh!

pandasafaris posting "I normally uses panda safaris"

not very bright !

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,515 posts
219 reviews
5. Re: Mara safari family - what tour operator?

I am a huge fan of Heritage Hotels - Mara Intrepids. They have a great club for kids which is both educational and fun. They also have some great family tents. You could ask any good tour operator for quotes for this property.

6. Re: Mara safari family - what tour operator?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2013, 07:52
Nairobi
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
7. Re: Mara safari family - what tour operator?

Paul, you can possibly post your inquiry on Kato website ,www.katokenya.org and its easy to get to know what the tour operators will offer., if you look for a good lodge for the kids , i recommend intrepids mara though the other kid aged 14 will be taken as an adult , if you gonna take budget lodges , maybe i can recommend Mara sopa or Olmoran tented camp.

all the best.

Naomi

Heritage of African Jungles

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
53 posts
8. Re: Mara safari family - what tour operator?

Nobody will give you a definite answer here or mention a tour operator as they will say it's self promotion however, check out the following links and email a few of the listed operators

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g294210-Activi…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g294207-Activi…

9. Re: Mara safari family - what tour operator?

Hi Paul, I have sent you a private message with contact details of possible operators for your family safari.

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Mara safari family - what tour operator?

We've just used George at Steenbok Safaris, who is local. He was the most reasonable I could find and he organised everything I asked him to perfectly. We had Daniel, as our driver who was also really great - good driver, knowledgeable and very accommodating. We had the vehicle to ourselves which was also great.

Get answers to your questions about Masai Mara National...