We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing to Shanghai Bullet train

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beijing to Shanghai Bullet train

On this train, is there room for suitcases and are they secure?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,674 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing to Shanghai Bullet train

No such room.

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing to Shanghai Bullet train

Thats a shame. We are flying to Beijing and returning home from Shanghai. The train would have been great. But if there is no luggage room, we will have to fly to Shanghai.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,674 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijing to Shanghai Bullet train

I am sorry, there is luggage room but not a room for luggage. You keep your luggage with you, either above you or in a space close-by. Nothing secure or not secure about it. Just keep an eye on it. I think maybe I misread your question the first time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
77 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing to Shanghai Bullet train

Hi. Is there room to keep your luggage with if it's a big suitcase? Is there more room in first class? Thanks so much.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,674 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beijing to Shanghai Bullet train

A suitcase that is not very big with fit in the space above your head.

Edited: 05 September 2011, 21:49
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,577 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beijing to Shanghai Bullet train

This will show you photos of the new G Bullet train. As JP mentions your luggage goes in the overhead racks. beijingchina.net.cn/transportation/train/bei…

If you have a genourmous suitcase I am not sure where you would put it. On the D bullet trains you can put it by the door ( non opening side & keep an eye on it).

7. Re: Beijing to Shanghai Bullet train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 16:15