We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hour layover at airport

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
7 hour layover at airport

Is it possible to be able to get train and look around HongKong in this time frame

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 hour layover at airport

Yes it is, there used to be organised tours around a minimum of five hours (I think). However customs etc will take somewhere between half an hour and 45 minutes. Train to town roughly half an hour.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 hour layover at airport

You say 7 hours, but in reality it is actually going to be about 4 with the time taken to disembark, to clear customs and immigration on your arrival taking up to an hour, travel into HK using Airport Express about 30 mins

You then need to allow 30 mins to return to the airport and tack on 30 minutes for security and I guess they will want you to report for the flight at least 1 hour before take off.

There is ceratinly time to have a brief look around, but in this case, I would see if there is a 2 or 3 hour bus tour that you can go on. I am not sure but maybe Gray Lines do one of that duration.

Dont forget, you may also want to change some money as well

Good luck and have a wonderful time

Edited: 28 August 2010, 01:55
Mentioned in this post
Airport Express
Airport Express
11,210 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
sydney
Level Contributor
342 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 hour layover at airport

Another question, we have a 8 hour layover in December & since the flight gets in at 5am I know there isnt much thats open, I've read about the lounges that you can go to & had a look on there web site but I cant seem to find out prices, does anyone know how much it will cost??

Wellington
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 hour layover at airport

Advertised here for $NZ30.

5. Re: 7 hour layover at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2011, 00:17