Please can anyone could help me with some advice.
My boyfriend and I (perhaps more friends) are planning to go to Hong Kong / Shenzhen end of this year, December 2012 to January 2013. We will be flying from Taiwan and arrive in Hong Kong either on the 30th or 31st of December 2012.
We want to spend New Year’s Eve in Hong Kong.
We are all students so we are on a budget. Maximum $75 a night. I’ve looked around and it seems much cheaper to stay in Shenzhen instead. Our main goals are cheap shopping in Shenzhen and site-seeing in HK. We’re looking on staying for about 10 days, with day trips to HK. I know I need to get a multi-entry visa, which should not be a problem.
Please can you recommend?
1. Good budget places to stay in HK and Shenzhen that are decent
2. Nice day trip itineraries for things to do in HK (mostly site-seeing)
3. Cheap shopping areas in Shenzhen, more markets than proper shopping centres.
4. What to do for New Years Eve
5. Easiest way to travel to and from HK – Shenzhen, durations & costs
6. Are there any sales during this time?
Your help is very much appreciated.