We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 night itinerary-any comments please

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4 night itinerary-any comments please

Hi

My partner and I are going to HK for 4 nights on 1 April. Do people think our itinerary is ok? Thanks in advance.

Day 1 - Arrive 13.30. Staying at Harbour Metrpolis, go to Harbour City Mall, wander round Tsim Sha Tsui, lunch at Crystal Jade. Evening-Peking Restaurant, Nathan Road

Day 2-Half day HK Island Tour, Afternoon-Go to HK Central, see Central Statue Square,lunch at Maxims Palace City Hall, wander round Queens Pier. Cocktails at Mandarin Oriental. Evening - Temple St Night Market

Day 3-am-Man Mo Temple/Hollywood Road, Landmark Mall, lunch at Maks Noodles, wander round causeway bay. PM-Afternoon tea at the Peninsula, walk along Avenue of Stars and Kowloon Promenade. Nan Lian Gardens. Evening-dinner at Din Tai Fung.

Day 4 - AM - Tai Chi in front of MUseum of Art at Kowloon and any spots we've missed. PM Leave.

Thanks

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 night itinerary-any comments please

PhileasFogg2002:

Welcome to TripAdvisor and the Hong Kong forum!

Your itinerary looks good. Except on the first day: if you arrive at 13:30 (I assume this means flight arrival time). By the time you reach Harbour Plaza Metropolis (in Hung Hom) after immigration/custom and transportation, it is likely to be around 3:30 pm. If you go to City Hall and then Crystal Jade, it would be like 5pm. Hardly lunch time any more. Were you thinking dim sum at Crystal Jade? It would definitely be too late for that. Maybe have lunch at the airport.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
10,202 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 night itinerary-any comments please

Day 2 - Queens Pier, which used be on the harbourside opposite City Hall, isn't there any more. Owing to harbour reclamation works it was dismantled and put into storage with the intention of reassembling it at another suitable location at some future date.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,579 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 night itinerary-any comments please

>>>Day 2-Half day HK Island Tour, Afternoon-Go to HK Central, see Central Statue Square,lunch at Maxims Palace City Hall, wander round Queens Pier. Cocktails at Mandarin Oriental. Evening - Temple St Night Market<<<

Also, note that at Statue Square, there is only one remaining statue on display, the others long having been taken town or moved. The Statue of Queen Victoria, for example, is now at Victoria Park. There is really not much to see at this small square.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 night itinerary-any comments please

>> Also, note that at Statue Square, there is only one remaining statue on display, ........ There is really not much to see at this small square. <<

And make sure don't go to Statue Square on a Sunday too! LOL :D

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 night itinerary-any comments please

This is a good itinerary but I agree with the poster about times on the first day. Also Hong Kong will be in full bloom by then. There's tons of park and forests to be explored as well if you're into that kind of thing.

A short trip over to Kowloon Park to see the Mosque would be rewarding.

Good luck,

Joel, author

http://hongkonghonky.blogspot.com/

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,579 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 night itinerary-any comments please

Our top parks for visitation would include the Hong Kong Park Zoological and Botanical Gardens just across the road.

www.lcsd.gov.hk/parks/hkzbg/en/index.php

Unfortunately, our very good Aviary, located in HK Park is closed, while they build in new platform decks for visitors to walk on. Will reopen 9 April, after your trip to Hong Kong.

lcsd.gov.hk/parks/…whatsnew_19jan2012.php

There is a small private park in Central, called the Cheong Kong Park in Central between St. John's Cathedral and the passage that leads you to the Peak Tram Terminus. See review (w/pictures)

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Then, you can also visit Victoria Park in Causeway Bay/North Point area is also a good place to stretch your legs if you need.

Kowloon Park, as mentioned above, is not as nice as the HK Island parks, but does offer some green space for those in Kowloon. If you want to visit parks in Kowloon, I'd pass on this location and just go to the Nan Lian Gardens, one of the very best attractions in Hong Kong and the most beautiful spot we have in the city, in our view. See Review (w/pictures)

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294217-d164…

If you need other ideas about what to do see in HK. Here are some travel trip lists that might help you plan your four days here.

Hong Kong Attractions

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23948-What_to_…

Best of Victoria Harbour

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i27892-The_Best…

Mongkok Markets

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24685-Mongkok_…

Temples and Monasteries

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i25656-Hong_Kon…

Sha Tin Day Trip

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24058-A_Day_in…

Have a nice time researching and visiting our city.

hong kong
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 night itinerary-any comments please

Day 2: Temple St Night Market----do u consider to make it in first day after dinner in Nathan Rd? It's in the Yau Tsim Mong district, near to Nathan Rd.

Day 2: you could go to Lan Kwai Fong or SOHO to having the drink instead of Mandarin Oriental. It's worth to go.

Day 3: Causeway Bay, if you are enjoying shopping, i don't think you have enough time to spend in the shopping paradise--- Causeway Bay :D

do you consider put the Kowloon part : (PM-Afternoon tea at the Peninsula, walk along Avenue of Stars and Kowloon Promenade. Nan Lian Gardens. Evening-dinner at Din Tai Fung.) to the Day 4?

You could find many good dishes in Causeway Bay and don't miss the hk style snacks, like curry fish ball, Hong Kong Style Egg Waffle, etc.....

I think it's better to go to Nan Lian Gardens from hotel, it's not so far from Harbour Metrpolis, You may put it to the Day 3 morning before to Hollywood Rd.

It's full of city tour in your itinerary, actually there's many beautiful place in Hong Kong, like Lantau, Tai O.........i suggest you could take one day in the outskirt, you must love it. :)

Welcome to ask, I'm the Hongkonger.

Stoke-on-Trent...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 night itinerary-any comments please

Hi Everyone thanks for your comments we'll take them on board. Happyfeet 1234 - do you know what time dim sum is traditionally served until? We really want to get in as much as we can? Thanks

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 night itinerary-any comments please

>> do you know what time dim sum is traditionally served until? <<

Usually you will find restaurants tail off dim sum after 3pm. But these days there are many restaurants offering discount pricing from 2pm to 5pm on dim sum. Generally dim sum is off after 5pm because dinner time starts.

However, there are a few dim sum specialty shops - such as Tim Ho Wan - who serve only dim sum... they make dim sum available in all hours. Some even 24 hours (one in Tin Hau near Metropark Causeway Bay for example).

10. Re: 4 night itinerary-any comments please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 05:28