We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Bali

Pune, India
Level Contributor
43 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Bali

We re planning for a 4N/5D trip to Bali in August. Questions -

1. Is it safe to travel to Bali in August and with family?

2. Can I plan on my own and hire cab everyday for a day tour?

3. can you suggest a travel plan for 5 days so that I can include the best places to see?

4. what could be approximate cost I can expect?

thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
13 replies to this topic
Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Bali

For questions 1 & 2:

August is an excellent time of the year to go to bali as it is the dry season. And for day trips to see sights you can hire a driver for 600,000rp

As for planning your activities and costing ...we are not travel agents. Suggest you do some of your own research and read the pinned posts at the top of this page which are full of useful info.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
22,380 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Bali

Hi live4joy

To try and answer your questions:

1. What sort of safety issues concern you and why would you be worried about August.

2. Of course you can make your own plans as it’s easy to do so in Bali. For day trips, go with a driver, not a taxi.

3. Please read the post above by Gidget.

4. Impossible to answer as you’ve given no idea of what you want to do, where you want to stay and what your overall cost would include.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Pune, India
Level Contributor
43 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Bali

My travel will be for 5 days. I have gone through many travel plans/routes and am confused. We are looking forward a relaxed holiday. Is Yokarta island near to plan in 5 days? Can I travel to other islands and will I require travel agent for the same or can plan on my own? Is there any website which can guide to connect with the authorised taxi drivers?

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
4,532 posts
780 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Bali

August is a good month to visit, but will be quite crowded. Weather will be hot and sunny most of the time.

It's better you make your own itinerary because we all have different favourite places to visit and things to do. If you want advice for a 5 days surfing trip I maybe can help. So better research and choose the things that you would like to do and see.

The approximate cost excluding hotel and flight could be between 100USD and 150USD per day. But it really depends where you eat and how many tours you take and whether you go to Bali Zoo and Waterbom etc.

Mentioned in this post
Bali Zoo
Bali Zoo
3,030 Reviews
Sukawati, Indonesia
Waterbom Bali
Waterbom Bali
11,780 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
australia
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Bali

Hi Live4joy. Buy your airline tickets. Look at Booking.com & Agoda & Expedia websites for accommodation; I like Booking.com as it has a filter, room photos, listed hotel facilities, reviews, decent map for accommodation location. I suggest you stay in Sanur. Breakfast should be included at your hotel and there are lots of restaurants/cafes in Sanur. Sanur has a boardwalk along the beachfront. From Sanur you could do a day's outing to Nusa Lembongan. With a car and driver you can sightsee lots of areas in Bali. You need to make your own choices as we don't know your interests.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 06:45
Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembongan
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
6. Re: Travel to Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 May 2018, 20:29

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Bali

Don't you get absolutely sick of these repeated advertisements for Bali drivers !

I would suggest to boycott such advertised services.... there is ample opportunity to source recommended drivers in the appropriate section.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
8. Re: Travel to Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 May 2018, 09:06

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to Bali

For 4 nights / 5 days, I’d recommend that you base yourself in one location. As post 5 suggests, consider Sanur as it is a good base for day trips. This link will assist your research and you can then shortlist activities/ tourist sites that meet your interests. https:/…Travel_Guide-g294226-Bali.html

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Pune, India
Level Contributor
43 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel to Bali

Thank you for the inputs. I'll come up with the travel plan as suggested and revert for queries

Reply to: Travel to Bali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted