We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wings Air Luggage Allowance

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
101 reviews
Wings Air Luggage Allowance

Having travelled with Wings Air in 2013, I know their allowance for checked luggage is/was 15kgs.

However have just been researching flights for later this year from Denpasssar to Labuanbajo and on some of the booking sites they now state that it's 10kgs?

Have they reduced the allowance? If so, anyone know what the excess fees are, as there is no way we can get down to 10kgs (really struggle to the 15 kgs)

53 replies to this topic
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: Wings Air Luggage Allowance

I found this on a travel booking site...

"Free luggage allowance on flights for Wings Air is 10 kilograms. There is no business class available on Wings Air flights. Combined flights with Wings Air (flight code IW) and Lion Air (flight code JT) follow the allowance of Lion Air flights which is 15 kilograms.

Passengers are allowed to bring one (1) piece of hand luggage with them with a maximum weight of seven (7) kilograms and maximum measurements of 40 x 30 x 20 centimeters on flights of Wings Air or combined flights with Lion Air."

I'm probably wrong and looking back we flew Sky Aviation in the end, last year and they were 15kgs. Maybe wings have always been 10kgs

Edited: 09 January 2014, 06:12
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3,173 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Wings Air Luggage Allowance

Actually you're not wrong. Wings was 15 kgs and Lion Air was 20 kgs, this year they have new policy to reduce the allowance to 10 and 15 kgs respectively.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
101 reviews
3. Re: Wings Air Luggage Allowance

Thanks radjaff

At least it proves that I'm not going loopy in my old age :)

But bad news regarding luggage allowances. I foresee long queues at the check in counter whilst people argue/ negotiate with the counter staff over excess weight fees.

I wouldn't mind so much if they provided a service where you could prepay you luggage allowance such as Air Asia does. At least that would alleviate the punch -us at check in

Edited: 11 January 2014, 05:45
Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Wings Air Luggage Allowance

Hi,

10 kg - omg.

I just booked the flight with Wings Air.

Does anyone know what the excess fees are? Please help!

Melbourne
1 post
5. Re: Wings Air Luggage Allowance

Just spoke with them. They said that the excess charges would be SGD1 per extra Kg. When I said that it might be sensible to allow people to pay for this online rather than at the airport, the employee said that his management didn't believe this was need, even though

a) It was cause long queues at the airport which will add to customer frustration as everyone has to pay for their excess

b) If they could charge for the additional baggage on line, they could book this extra revenue on the day you booked rather than the day you fly.

Dumbness beyond belief

Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Wings Air Luggage Allowance

Thanks for that info. Can't wait to queue up for paying my extra baggage soon. ;-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
862 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Wings Air Luggage Allowance

My advice is to allow plenty of time to check in as it's like a freight terminal with all the extra boxes being checked in on these flights.

Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Wings Air Luggage Allowance

Okay, thank's for that advice.

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
9. Re: Wings Air Luggage Allowance

Our baggage allowance for Wings Air was 10kg per person, and our excess baggage came to approx 50 cents (AUD) per extra kilo. The plane was clean and the staff were friendly, flying from Lombok to Denpasar. Would recommend for budget travellers, great deal!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
121 reviews
10. Re: Wings Air Luggage Allowance

We have recently flown with them and the allowance is 10kg - just a tip - most of the cheapskates add extra stuff in their carry on luggage or take extra carry on luggage so if you are towards the end of the queue to get on the plane their may not be overhead baggage space. Also when going through scecurity in Lombok they confiscated an opened bottle of Vodka which was in our suit case - later found this to be a scam

Reply to: Wings Air Luggage Allowance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted