We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yogyakarta Itinerary (6 Full Days)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Yogyakarta Itinerary (6 Full Days)

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to Yogyakarta this coming 9-15 Jun.

We are a group of people, age 20-26.

I have been advised that it is Ramadan period but I can only travel during this time.

I am looking at these places below:

1. Borobudur

2. Prambanan Temple, Ramayana Ballet

3. Luweng Sampang

4. Sri Gethuk Waterfall

5. Air Terjun Kedung Kandang

6. Laut Bekah

7. Sinden Beach & Kalong Island

8. ‘Cable Cart’ at Timang Beach

9. Kalibiru National Park

10. Sand Dunes: Gumuk Pasir Parangkusumo

11. Unique coral formations – Watu Lumbung Beach

12. Underground Cave Tubing on Nature’s Lazy River

13. Jomblang Cave

14. Malioboro Street

15. Watu Giring

16. Batu Miring (Is this hard to climb?)

17. Bukit Klangon, Merapi

18. Pinus Pengger (Hutan Pinus Dingo)

Question:

1. Is it possible for me to complete in 6 days?

2. For transport, should we rent a car or just travel by public transport?

3. Any other "Must go" Place?

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
1. Re: Yogyakarta Itinerary (6 Full Days)

Wow! Yes sure you can complete them all in 6 days. Make sure that you go for a lava tour with Jeep in Merapi Volcano. It’s worth to try! it costs approx. IDR 450k per car and fits up to 4 people for around 2hrs. It’s better to rent a car for it or go get Grab application on your phone for a much cheaper price.

Edited: 20 February 2018, 00:52
Yogyakarta...
Level Contributor
130 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Yogyakarta Itinerary (6 Full Days)

1. Borobudur

2. Prambanan Temple, Ramayana Ballet

these 2 object could accomplished in 1 day started from borobudur ended up by ramayana Ballet

3. Luweng Sampang

4. Sri Gethuk Waterfall

15. Watu Giring

visit Watu giring as you pass by from Luweng Sampang or you go for Jomblang cave, or Srigethuk

13. Jomblang Cave

make sure you have book your visit because it has limitation daily.

8. ‘Cable Cart’ at Timang Beach

7. Sinden Beach & Kalong Island

12. Underground Cave Tubing on Nature’s Lazy River

5. Air Terjun Kedung Kandang

maybe you should skip kedung kandang to focus on Luweng sampang or Jomblang cave

6. Laut Bekah

or, better you start of your journey from laut bekah, then Parangkusumo via Parangendog, spent your halfday, then spen your evening back to Jogja

9. Kalibiru National Park

16. Batu Miring (Is this hard to climb? no, its only about 4 metres height)

spent one day here because it has opposite direction with all other your destination

10. Sand Dunes: Gumuk Pasir Parangkusumo

if your lucky, start to parangkusumo at morning, then you cant spent half of your day back to Malioboro

11. Unique coral formations – Watu Lumbung Beach

14. Malioboro Street

spent one day here

actually its rather rapid time you have.. unless you just visit like hit and run mission. perhaps you consider to stay inside gunungkidul. lets say in Wonosari City or stay around Timang, or Jomblang, or Pindul Underground Cave tubing

have a nice trip!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Yogyakarta Itinerary (6 Full Days)

Wow that's really an extensive itinerary for 6 days. It's best that you book a transportation for travelling aroud these places, public transport is not ideal unless you don't mind the long travelling time. Car rent for a day for 8 hours is about $80-$90.

- You should add Jeep Merapi tour to your must do/visit list. Just tell the driver and they'll bring you to the place for you to buy the tix. I can't recall how much it cost but they have short, medium, long duration tour. Medium duration can do.

- I'm not sure if you are able to visit the places. But you can plan out to visit places by it's area nearby. Because due to the traffic there, travelling from one end to another can take up to 2 hours.

All the best !

4. Re: Yogyakarta Itinerary (6 Full Days)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2018, 11:36

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: Yogyakarta Itinerary (6 Full Days)

self-promotion is strictly prohibited on TA forums by posting guidelines.

Reply to: Yogyakarta Itinerary (6 Full Days)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted