We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know whether it's worth pre booking activities online? I'm trying to build a loose itinerary for our trip. Some things we've looked into insist on pre booking but we wanted to get others views on this. All information on pre booking seems to be with regards to accommodation only (we have this sorted already!). It would be a shame to have something locked down to find that the weather isn't right for it etc.

We're also looking into transport around Bohol, being based on the south of the island just east of Tagbilaran and wonder whether it's worth hiring a private driver for a few days to get us around.

Us: We're a couple spending 10 days in November between Bohol and El Nido as bases and are looking into varied activities such as island hopping and exploring, snorkelling and diving (we will be complete beginners!), experiencing food and culture and anything else the areas have to offer. We have a mid-range budget.

Any advice is welcome and much appreciated. Hope this post is ok also! x

12 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,397 posts
2,251 reviews
1. Re: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

<<We're also looking into transport around Bohol, being based on the south of the island just east of Tagbilaran and wonder whether it's worth hiring a private driver for a few days to get us around.>>

There are three recommend Bohol drivers listed to the right-----> <<FAQ: Transport Company, GUIDE and DRIVERS!>>>

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,147 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

We have a mid-range budget.

------------------------------

My mid range budget is P5000 per day on average, all up for accommodation, meals, entertainment and transport, for 2 people. Is that what you mean by mid range?

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
449 reviews
3. Re: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

In El Nido you should be able to book island hopping trips the afternoon before. I recommend this place for island hopping as they have been operating for over 20 years, and it is a great restaurant to eat. Lots of info on their website.

http://elnidoboutiqueandartcafe.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

Thanks for getting back to me guys.

'There are three recommend Bohol drivers listed to the right-----> <<FAQ: Transport Company, GUIDE and DRIVERS!>>>'

Already tried this link however it has expired, though I did find their Facebook page but hasn't been recently reviewed so was a little dubious. Thanks though.

'My mid range budget is P5000 per day on average, all up for accommodation, meals, entertainment and transport, for 2 people. Is that what you mean by mid range?'

By mid range I mean not hostel style bunks or sharing, nor private island/beach but somewhere in the middle, relative to the area of course. Based on cost we envisage P12000 per day all in, however by your estimate of P5000 we may not need as much.

'http://elnidoboutiqueandartcafe.com/'

Thanks for this suggestion! We will definitely follow it up as it seems highly recommended.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,397 posts
2,251 reviews
5. Re: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

<<'There are three recommend Bohol drivers listed to the right-----> <<FAQ: Transport Company, GUIDE and DRIVERS!>>>'

Already tried this link however it has expired, though I did find their Facebook page but hasn't been recently reviewed so was a little dubious. Thanks though.>>

The link is alive and well. Scroll down to Bohol.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,147 posts
53 reviews
6. Re: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

Based on cost we envisage P12000 per day all in, however by your estimate of P5000 we may not need as much.

-------------------------------

It doesn't matter how much you have. It is just the level of comfort, quality and ambiance that will vary. The more pisos you have, the more comfortable you will be.

Near Alona beach, you can pay P750 per night for a room for 2 and they will throw in a free motorbike. It is not hostel bunks it is a double bed with cooling by fan, but it is a cold water shower in the private bathroom and there is no TV. So pay a few pisos for fuel and that is your accommodation and touring paid for. Pay another P1000 per day for budget meals and you are touring, sleeping and eating for less than P2000 per day. P2000 per day is then my low end. P5000 per day will obviously give you a more comfortable time. P12000 per day would be luxury for me!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

'The link is alive and well. Scroll down to Bohol.'

I should have clarified it was the link within your link provided for 'Bohol Travel Buddy'. I then found them on Facebook. However there are two other contact details and will have a look into those. Thanks!

'Near Alona beach, you can pay P750 per night for a room for 2...'

Thanks so much Big Jim, however we have our accommodation arranged already as mentioned in the original post. It's more a question of whether or not we should put down money on tours/activities etc and other travellers experiences of doing this or leaving it until arrival.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
62 reviews
8. Re: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

There is no need to book tours any more than the day before, unless you intend to engage the services of one of the recommended drivers. There are plenty of tour operators. There is even less need to pay in advance, and many tour operators would most likely lack the facilities to take advance payments over the internet.

Edited: 17 October 2018, 07:35
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,147 posts
53 reviews
9. Re: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

It's more a question of whether or not we should put down money on tours/activities etc and other travellers experiences of doing this or leaving it until arrival.

------------------------------

I have visited Bohol 10 times. The only driver I have used since 2009 is Albert Odtohan, one of the trip advisor recommended drivers. I definitely contact him in advance to make sure he is available.

However, the issue will not be finding some one to take you around when you need them, it will be avoiding all the offers!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido

Good to know, thank you. Guess we were unsure about whether we would miss out by not booking but sounds as if there'll be plenty to chose from.

Reply to: Pre-booking activities in Bohol and El Nido
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted