We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should travel Manila center from MNL airport with 5 hours

1 post
Should travel Manila center from MNL airport with 5 hours

Hi guys,

I plan to travel Coron, Philippine next year. On the last trip's day, i'll comeback Manila airport at 2:20pm and then havethe next flight at 10:00pm.

I'm quite confused about visting Manila center (BGC or Intramous) during the transit time. However, I heard that Manila's traffic is suck (2-3 hours for 15km moving).

Hope to get your advices from you guys, Thank you so so much!!!

Austin Blue

4 replies to this topic
melbourne
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Should travel Manila center from MNL airport with 5 hours

Sometimes the traffic in Manila is very, very slow, and at other times it's ok. If you are not travelling during peak hour, and there is no torrential rain or floods or any other unexpected event you could expect to get from Intramuros to the airport in less than an hour. If events conspire against you it could take much longer. I have never travelled from BGC to the airport, but it is probably a little closer than Intramuros, so if the traffic is light you could arrive very quickly.

If you depart from either at 14:20 you should arrive at the airport in plenty of time for a 22:00 departure.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,011 posts
449 reviews
2. Re: Should travel Manila center from MNL airport with 5 hours

Let us assume that you will be out of the airport by 3 pm but you would have to be back by 7.30 pm , so allow an hour in a taxi to get to Intramuros or BGC, and an hour to get back, so that leaves you 2 1/2 hours for exploring. BGC is a modern area with malls, high rise apts and offices and quite a few sculptures. Intramuros would be the place to visit if you are interested in history. See Santiago Fort and a few churches and old Spanish Walls, but it sometimes takes a lot longer to return to the airport t the time you would be traveling by taxi.

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
12,154 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: Should travel Manila center from MNL airport with 5 hours

On the last trip's day, i'll comeback Manila airport at 2:20pm and then havethe next flight at 10:00pm.

--------------------------

I personally would be travelling the day before to allow for delays.

Then you will have the whole day for touring

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,414 posts
2,252 reviews
4. Re: Should travel Manila center from MNL airport with 5 hours

I agree with Jim. Arrive the night before then you wont be rushed.

Reply to: Should travel Manila center from MNL airport with 5 hours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted