We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week Boracay, one week ????

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
412 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
One week Boracay, one week ????

Fairly broad question I know but I need to start somewhere. We are going to spend a week in Boracay & a week somewhere else in the Philippines in any order. Travelling from Sydney, Australia to Manilla maybe around March-June 2013 hot season.

Hubby (50) & I (46) fit & healthy like beaches, bays, clear water for swimming & the casual snorkel. We love the beach.

Enjoy walking around little villages seeing the sights & mixing with locals but not much into organised tours prefer to do it alone. Nice scenery. We will walk, rent a bike or use local transport including ferries & planes to get to each destination

Like a variety of casual local eateries & bars but as we will be also visiting Boracay for a week we only need casual bars for a drink at sunset etc no nightlife

Good selection of 3 star hotels prefer with a pool. Does not have to be on the beach but nearby.

Not into large cities only use them for a nights stopover.

Budget is open but average hotel AUS$70-$100 p/n

I have just started looking at Cebu area, Siquijor, Dumaguete, Palwan. Any thoughts, ideas, reviews or suggestions of these or other areas?

Thanks so much

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week Boracay, one week ????

Siquijor is a good option (I suggest Coco Grove Resort), with a night or two in Dumaguete and a day trip to nearby Apo Island for diving and snorkeling. Or consider Bohol, with it's lovely beaches, chocolate hills and tarsier sanctuary. Be prepared to be flexible about having a swimming pool though. In places such as Boracay you really don't need one and it limits your accomodation choices so much.

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
412 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week Boracay, one week ????

Thanks Sirenna I will research these options. Not concerned with a pool on Boracay but thought maybe if we stay away from the beach etc on other islands a pool may come in handy but we are certainly flexible. We travel more like 50 year old flashpacker's these days & go with the flow :)

3. Re: One week Boracay, one week ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 05:18