We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need a help

Brighton, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
I need a help

Me and My husband are going to Philippines for 3 weeks. I read through the different topics and made a long list of things we'd like to see but we don't want to travel too much. We want to have a relaxing holiday this time so preferably we would like to move 4 times max. I am trying to narrow and plan this trip for almost 3 months without any luck. As we leaving at the end of November I decided to ask for a help and hope someone can help me out.

I am trying to find a place where we can stay and do as many trips as possible.

What I mean that for example - we will fly from Manila to Palawan and stay there for few days (in one place) but do trips from there. Then we would move somewhere - That's where I need help.. and again stay in that place in one resort but be able to do trips around.

I know that I definitely want to go to El Nido for Island hoping and at the end of the trip I want to spend few days in Borocay. I need a help with where to go/stay in between.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate that.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,630 posts
1,676 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need a help

Which places have you shortlisted so far based on your research? Have you read some of the members JBRs for ideas and read the FAQs?

What is your accomodation budget per night?

Why not make a rough itinerary where we can help with advice and suggestions.

Cebu is a good base because places like Bohol, Siquijor and Dumugette are only a short fast ferry trip away. Palawan can also be reached from Cebu. From Cebu you can also reach the beautiful beaches of Malapascua and Bantayan.

Tommo

Brighton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I need a help

Hello,

Yes I read JBR's and FAQ's but I haven't found what I was looking for.

My plan was fly from Manila – puerta princessa (Palawan) / I considered Coron as well but after reading some posts I though that can be one of the places I can exclude – el nido – back to puerto princessa – cebu/bohol - Bantayan Malapascua Island – borocay - manila

What I don't like straight at the begining is that I have to fly to Puerto Princessa (where after reading some posts) is not much to see, so I have to spend there night to be able to catch van next day to get to El Nido where after 7h we will arrive afternoon so we will only be able to book an Island hoping for the following day.

Plus I read people say that El Nido is worthy only cause of Island hoping. So not much to see there after we do the trip. That would mean to go back 7h to puerto Princessa to catch a boat to Cebu or to stay somewhere in Palawan for a few days.

But only this would take 4 days from our trip.

Is there any better way of doing this, or can you suggest a place where is worthy to stay so it won't be just a long fly/drive to see some islands?

Daska

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,630 posts
1,676 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need a help

If your budget allows fly with ITI direct from Manila to El Nido.

Your itinerary looks good.

Tommo

Brighton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I need a help

well I checked that and they charge 6750 pp. We are considering that as that can save us lots of time.

Do you think it's a good option?

Where would you go in El Nido? would you spend there more than a day or would you after the Island hoping move down to some other place in Palawan and if yes where would you go?

Or do you think we shouldn't spend too much time in Palawan and rather move straight from El Nido to Cebu?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,630 posts
1,676 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need a help

<<Do you think it's a good option?>> Yes I do if budget permits. It gives you an extra day in El Nido.

I spent 5 days in El Nido and love the place and vibe. There are many Island Hopping Trips on offer with some spectacular scenery and beaches on offer.

Please read the JBRs listed on the El Nido page to see how others spent their time including mine.

Tommo

6. Re: I need a help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 16:35
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,630 posts
1,676 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I need a help

Avoid the above tout who is spamming the forum.

Tommo

8. Re: I need a help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 01:21